Then Later: 2014 Mustang GT500 Shelby "Triple Black" 662HP

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet camaro Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Chevrolet camaro Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Trunk

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Bumper

#117 ·
#118 · (Edited)
HI MCGLA,

Can I have your feedback on Hellcat versus the GT500?

Are they close in performance? does the Hellcat have an edge?

Just looking for some education, you may say I am doing some research before I go hunting.

Thanks,
My 2014 GT500 (662hp) on the stock summer tires (when cold) would lose traction in a hurry. I had kept mine bone stock and therefore did not invest in DR's. However once they get warmed up they tend to stick quite well and that's the time driver confidence increases. I found the performance quite comparable but the A8 is a game changer. I used to think I could row gears fast on my Shelby, but it is no match for the A8 on the HC. That gives the HC the distinct edge.

Secondly the GT500 can be quite a handful and literally has a mind of its own and unforgiving to driver induced errors. This reduces driver confidence levels somewhat. Driving in LA stop/go freeway traffic during rush hour was a Royal Pain in the "you know where." The hellcat is a more refined car, has much better road manners and much more forgiving to driver errors. All that said and done, I would have never got rid of the Shelby, but I needed a 4 door performance sedan as 2 coupes became redundant for my needs.

Word of Caution: Watch out for those modded Shelby's they are insane and then there are those Super-Snakes 800+HP Shelby's and even the 1000 HP Shelby. These are made by Shelby and not partnered with Ford mustang/SVT. I have seen these at the Shelby Heritage center in Las Vegas and if any member happens to visit Vegas, I seriously recommend a visit. They even have the original 60's cobra on public display.

For what it's worth: The fit and finish on the Shelby was top class. No paint issues whatsoever and the Shaker pro Audio system upgrade I opted for, would literally rock the entire neighborhood.

Reactions: Peter Gozinya
#119 ·
One of the things I sold was my favorite. If I did not sell it to a friend I would have kept it because I let it go too cheap. It is a 2006 300C SRT8. Had about 70,000, owned since new, was a daily driver for a while, was just my Church Car and not the daily driver for years too. Johan did the best 93 octane tune, but we also did an E-85 tune that gave it 410 hp to the wheels with 419 ft lb! We were able to use the OEM injectors. They were wide open at the top. She is enjoying an "enchanting" old age in NM, almost never used now. Never had a problem, was my best car ever.

#125 ·
#132 ·
One of the things I sold was my favorite. If I did not sell it to a friend I would have kept it because I let it go too cheap. It is a 2006 300C SRT8. Had about 70,000, owned since new, was a daily driver for a while, was just my Church Car and not the daily driver for years too. Johan did the best 93 octane tune, but we also did an E-85 tune that gave it 410 hp to the wheels with 419 ft lb! We were able to use the OEM injectors. They were wide open at the top. She is enjoying an "enchanting" old age in NM, almost never used now. Never had a problem, was my best car ever.
Yeah, I hear you. My trade-in was the best car I ever owned until I drove away in my Hellcat...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chrysler 300 Luxury vehicle

And while not planning on getting a Hellcat, sold this this car about 2 months earlier: Mustang Cobra with 4,300 original miles - don't miss it though...shifting is way over rated IMHO...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Wheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.