What if all us VON people canceled our orders?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by jerry green, Mar 13, 2015.

1. jerry green

jerry green Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ..I hate to say that, but what if all us VON guys/gals joined forces and canceled the nearly $18,000,000's in Hellcat orders out of protest for the little to no information, people walking off the streets in Jan-Feb 15 getting VINs, dealers lying about sold orders, and all the other actions that are killing us? I'm just wondering if it would have any impact on FCA in that maybe they would then come out and say " Hey, we are now building first come, first served " orders?

I, like a lot of members on the web site are very Mopar loyal. This car is our answer to the Mustang and Camaro. It is the 69 Hemi Roadrunner/Charger RT that our parents could buy ( maybe a little more $$$).We sacrificed a lot to get this car. It is our dream ( is mine anyway) to travel Route 66 in her one day,race her at the track, drive her to work and say " yea, this is my non-PC car next to your Hybrid "...why? Because we are Americans, the car is American , and that is how Americans roll.

I guess I am just going crazy thinking about all this. Maybe if Dodge would just come on here and say "Hey, we love you guys, it's hard to get parts for all the cars, we can only build XXX many this year so orders past this date (xx-xx-xx) will not be filled but you are 1st in line for MY16" ..something like that. I would be good knowing that, well, maybe not the happiest, but at least I could process not getting the car this year. A day at work doesn't go by that somebody doesn't asks me "when is your car coming? Dodge must only be building the car for rich people ? You'll never get that car "..stuff like that. And for all this joy I sold my 05 Rubicon and my 69 Charger just so I could get in debt for 84 months to afford this car....

In closing, I just want to say thank you Dodge for building these machines. You stuck your neck out bringing this model online going against the grain of all the eco-friendly/PC types of cars that are marketed to us.. You built it for the true car guy/girl that can appreciate the looks and the 700 plus horsepower.. The muscle car is not dead, it's out there, better than ever...you just need to build more of them...

Sincerely,

Jerry Green VON 32433651 - 9/27/2014

• Like Like x 1
  2. BKuz

BKuz Retired American Fighting Man

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Jerry Green,

Have you tried to contact Tim Kuniskis and Ralph Gilles?

BKuz

3. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't really think its that bad. a few bad car salesman spoiling the bunch. There are cars out there and yes they are marked up but if you go in and negotiate you will get a better price. There is a silent majority out here with our cars that is satisfied. Remember cars like this don't come in 8 weeks, most of the time they take 6-8 months from order.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. jerry green

jerry green Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey BKuz,

I haven't tried e-mailing those guys...they probably got a lot bigger fish to fry than 'ole Jerry's concern..

5. jerry green

jerry green Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yea, it's not that bad when you got the car or one coming...Speaking for myself we ordered this car the way we wanted it, not how the dealer wanted it. I don't want vanilla when I can get chocolate..:)

I've called/e-mailed several places, Fairfax, Richmond, WVa, Greensboro and others around my way. I found a match in Richmond a few months go...it was a sold unit.The other units were marked up $5K and beyond..can't do that.

Silent majority that is satisfied with how the process works? Really?

I ordered a 2001 Bullitt Mustang back in the day, the made only 5,500 of those cars..it took 3 months to get her. The dealer always kept us updated and informed of the status of the order. This deal with the Hellcat is crazy...it's not like it's a whole new car..

Anyway, I am just venting...this car puts a spell on you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hemi4me2

Hemi4me2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I emailed Tim with no response. I don't think they would care if everyone canceled their orders, they would just keep building hellcats and shipping them to dealers to be sold. Someone will buy them

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey Jerry, I feel your pain. But I figure if everyone here cancelled; they'd still have no problem moving them to other customers. I'm giving em till the warmer weather & cleaner roads arrive here before I re-think this purchase. It's like their doing you a favor by taking your deposit & leaving you in the dark...

• Like Like x 1
  8. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe if all you Americans cancel your orders , they will ACCUALLY let more escape in Canada for those of us waiting since last July!!
    Ahhhh who am I kidding??!!
    They are made in this country , but won't be seen on the roads here because Canadian cars are few and far between.
    3 cars in line ahead of me at the dealer , ordered 8 months ago and have serious doubts I'll get a car this year?
    At the current rate cars are being released in Canada I doubt all 3 cars ahead of mine will be built and delivered this year.
    8 months ago I was given a Von and told spring delivery, spring is here but not so much as a vin for me....
    The ARGUEMENT of being patient is wearing thin , least in Canada we can't search dealers for cars on lots, THEY DONT EXISIT here! But they sure are willing to take your deposit for one......

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cruisin1966

Cruisin1966 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    To add further to your comments, at my dealer the first order is still in "D" status since late October, they have agreed to "pay" the price (less desirable vehicles in lieu of an order) for a Charger ("D1" to be built this month), and then there's my Challenger being built this month (tentatively next week). The GM does not expect any more Hellcats this year.

10. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can feel your pain, I waited 8-9 months for a '97 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins Turbo D with quad cad and 5 speed. back then you could not get them. Also waited 8 months for a Shelby SP 360 supercharged. My Ford SVT products always came in 3-4 month range, SRT is a bit slower, but its worth it. hang in there and nothing wrong with a rant or vent every now and then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. jerry green

jerry green Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ..thanks guys. Sorry if I'd fussed at anybody, including Dodge....I'll just cool my jets and crawl back in my VON cave. It's not like it's the end of the world if I don't get the car...just love one day to be able to say " yea, this Torred Hellcat is mine....Mopar forever."

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Again, lets see how things pan out with the no more 2015 orders announcement. Hopefully we will see things start moving a bit quicker.

13. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    "Hey guy in front of me, go ahead and cancel in protest".. Not ganna happen, already seen "fights" on this site over possible cars available and who called "shotgun" first.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Mopar707

Mopar707 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great idea! You go first. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. F6F

F6F BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I remember those good old days Harley (back in February hahaha) when I was told that I was rude when I said that the guy at the SRT chat was not helping, and also I was told that I needed to move on and maybe do not deserve this car. I remember who said that, so if you are ever in MD and we are running laser, just say hi.

Do not worry jerry, you will get your car, it is a matter of waiting, And many of us will not call you rude or names, actually, we will support you. That is why we have a forum. To support and to rant. Lately more ranting than supporting, but it does not matter. And if you are close to my neck of the woods, I will take you on a ride when they deliver mine in a couple of weeks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1