What if SRT could do this?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by paul suloff, Apr 25, 2016.

1. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

How about a list of performance improvements you'd like to see on your Hellcat. Realistic stuff in the realm of a production vehicle. I was at a Viper gathering in Columbus Sat with many factory marketing, production and engineering managers . The Viper Brand manager Ryan Kim and Ralph Gilles. They were talking about the "one of one" option on new vipers and the adjustability of the ACR.

I said to myself
    WHAT IF YOU COULD have the performance pages and the drive setting you selected when you turned your car off be there when you started it again!
    WHAT IF YOU COULD turn off traction control and it stayed off until you turned it on?
    WHAT IF YOU COULD order a track setting for your drive setting that was for drag racing IE. choose "track and get all traction stability off, higher stall converter and shock setting were 90/10 front and 50/50 slow rebound instead of a road racing set up?
    WHAT IF YOU COULD delete big front brakes if you didn't want a road race pkg?
    WHAT IF YOU COULD order a 3.09 rear gear.
    WHAT IF YOU COULD order a bare bones car, no ginger bread U Connect, 50 way power seats (that I adjust one time in the life of the car), Nav, Sirus, Auto Climate etc. IE> lighter

WHAT IF? I'd order one. Dodge could call it the ADR (American Drag Racer) like they teased us with last year!!

What would you guys Do If?

2. rwhite692

rwhite692 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You can buy a Drag Pak car.

TC (which also means ESC) hard off, will never happen - liability

What is a "Ginger Bread UConnect"? Is that only available during the Holidays?

3. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

You can't register a Drag Pak car for the street. "Ginger Bread" is all the options (I) never use. U Connect is one of them I can live without.

4. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'd settle for a line lock. I like the rest of the "foo foo!" I'm too old AND poor to justify a track only car. My bride complains about the toys I have now!

5. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    1. wider tires, I do not believe it should be an option, should be standard but lets call it an option

2. Roll cage that meets NHRA requirements and keeps the back seat functional and safe;

3. Solid Rear, with a Dana 60 in it (that's right, old school with gear options);

4. Suspension tuned for drag racing;

BTW, the car should come standard with a proper Shaft, not that POS that is in there.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. rwhite692

rwhite692 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

get the Tazer and just plug it in....for ~200 you have a line lock.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rwhite692

rwhite692 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Didn't say that you could register it. Just said that you can buy one.... to use for dedicated drag racing purposes.

8. TrackDay

TrackDay Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What if you could order an ADR and it came with even cooler stuff than you are currently imagining?

9. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wider Tires
    Upgraded Drive Shaft
    Tad bit taller rear spoiler
    Lower production to keep it a true halo vehicle

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    -Larger rear tire option
    -

More to follow

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It really is bad azz now. Agree, just bigger meats for starters and probably a couple of bushing improvements in the rear so it will not hop.

Also I agree, leave the TC alone. You need that part of the stability program to keep yourself out of trouble. Mine has no problem melting rubber in about any mode especially Sport and Track. Turning the TC totally off makes no sense to me.

I did catch my default in both sport traction and suspension yesterday. Changed it, should have kept it there and took pictures, but I swear it was showing both in default even if it is impossible to select.

• Agree Agree x 1