What is dad's car supposed to mean?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by srt.charger, Feb 5, 2016.

1. srt.charger

srt.charger Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    jw

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dogmai1978

Dogmai1978 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I haven't heard the Dads car comment, I am around your age and yeah that comment is no longer relevant. I have to say that my Charger Hellcat gets its fair share of negative attention too by a$$hats on the road. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I wish everyone had the same amount of determination and drive that it takes to get into a car like this. If you are old and broke and drive around a minivan from the early 1990s and want to cut me off because of your crappy life - there is no reason to take it out on me.

It does get a lot of positive attention too which is always hilarious to me. I take a lot of pride that other people get such a kick out of this car. Good luck out there!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have no idea what the dad's car comment was about. Jealousy maybe. When I had my Charger I was asked by some old guy one time if that was a new Dart lol. He wasn't being a smartass he really didn't know. Except for that all positive comments. I absolutely love the sculptured look of the Charger. IMO the best looking sedan bar none.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dancap3286

dancap3286 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think they are refering to it's 4 doors. like I guess they are goofing on you because typically 4 door cars are thought of as "family cars". I however do not feel that way as I think the chargers are awesome! 707 cans of whoop ass IMO. Now I might be wrong about this but I'm pretty sure thats what the deal is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hubbs

Hubbs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Never heard the Dad's comment. I usually just get stares with or without excited reactions. Mine is silver, so it's somewhat subdued. When people realize what it is (if they know anything about the car at all), they usually freak. Never had a negative reaction that I know of, however.

6. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Haters gonna hate. Just how it goes. Jealousy is an ugly thing but I've thankfully rarely dealt with it. Now if you are a cocky bastard about having a "better/faster" car, well then expect negative comments.

7. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How old were these "little boys"?

If they were <16, they're just being stupid...

If they were >16, they're just being stupid...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Tell them your Cougar bought it for her 'boy toy'. Who cares what they think. Hit the pedal on the right and they will disappear in a flash!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CNYHC

CNYHC SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Brake-checked...It might just be the way you are driving.... Just saying...

10. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Some people don't know how to say "congrats on your ability to be able to afford a fine automobile such as the Hellcat. I envy you and hope to be like you in the near future. You inspire me. Thank you."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. EncryptedMind

EncryptedMind Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I get the "must be nice to have everything given to you" and I get the "parents car" etc. I think it's a bit jealousy and maybe some anger. I think it's too make themselves believe it's true to lessen the fact that they don't have a hellcat so in a way it's a compliment.

12. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I get all positive comments but then again I'm too old for anybody to think my father bought it for me. I wish my father was still alive to go cruising around with me!!! He would totally dig the Hellcat!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The comments and questions I get are mostly positive, but I understand where you are coming from. Occasionally I get some chauvinistic a-hole that walks up and tells me that I am lucky, because, "If that was my car I would never let my wife drive it!!". That is when I am very quick to point out that this is NOT my husband's car, it is MY car. I also tell the jackass making the remark that if he had been lucky enough to get me to marry him in the first place, I would have trained him how to behave properly (since his Mama did not do do), divorced him, or killed him by now. I finish up by adding that it most likely will never be a problem for him, because he most likely will never find a decent wife because of his shizzy attitude. Then I get in my Hellcat, rev the engine loudly, and pull out screeching the tires. Yeah ... I know. I am a b-witch, LOLOLOL!

April

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yup dads car or daddy's car is saying that ur dad bought it for you. That your a spoiled brat. Or that your dad let you take his car out referring that you aren't able to buy 1 on your own. That you used daddys money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I was driving a Challenger Hellcat and had a bunch of kids in an STI flip me off. For no reason. Who
    Cares what others say or think.

• Agree Agree x 1