What is MSRP for A8, no extra for paint?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by zigga, Nov 13, 2015.

1. zigga

zigga Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I Almost put an order in with a dealer when upon confirmation of the MSRP, It was significantly higher than what the Dodge website says. I understand that the 2016's are about ~$2,000 more than last year's base, but the dodge website states that the gas guzzler and destination charge is included in the selling price. The dealer wanted another $2,500 more than "MSRP", which at the time I thought would have been around ~$65K The want Around $72K all in, plus TT&L. I tell you, after calling around to some dealerships today I cannot believe how dodge and the dealers are treating this. It seems like a bait an switch, thinking that MSRP is $8-10K less than what they are asking for. A quick search on auto trader, is showing that the norm is now $68K Which when you add their "premium" for taking advantage of their loyal customers. I just wanted to see if this is the general consensus that this is now the state of things. Was hoping I could place an order and get one early next year, but now I will probably have to wait 3+ months, and I hope prices don't keep going up, BTW, I contacted 4 dealers here in New Mexico and they all wanted $72-$74K and would need to order. I went to a trusty dealer that I dealt with in AZ and $2500 over MRSP sounded doable until they started to play games.

Any help appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    check back here often, people are always posting that their dealer has an allocation for MSRP...

3. jaque

jaque Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    gas guzzler and destnation separate.. ill post a pic of mine in a minute..

Attached Files:

4. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    the 16s are more because the auto is now 3k extra, higher price for the now included laguna seats and nav system.. painted hood is now doubled at 2k, red seat belts are doubled... etc etc plus the 16s only have a 60k mile warranty where the 15s have 100k mile

5. zigga

zigga Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks of the quick feedback guys. I was about to go apeshit on the dealer but thought I better be informed from you guys before I basically have a hemorrhage and at the end of the day, have no different outcome.

6. jaque

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    dude dont forget tax, mine was like almsost 6k..

7. phil hunter

phil hunter Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    MSRP for a 2016 Challenger is $62,495. A-8 is $2995, destination charge is $995 and Gas Guzzler tax is $1700 for a window sticker total of $68185. I'm looking for a Plum Crazy Challenger with auto and no other options, but all the dealers around here think they are gold plated. Checked on a car in Las Vegas yesterday and they wanted MSRP plus $25,000. Local dealers around here are want 20 to 25 k over, but the cars aren't selling. Wonder why.

Phil

8. jaque

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    thats rag time, plenty o dealers selling at sticker.. just gotta call around. try bettenhausen dodge in tinley pak,il
    ask for nick or gerrado.. tell them tom guy that bought b5 auto. second biggest hellcat dealer in midwest they said...

9. zigga

zigga Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, That $20-25K mark up is ridiculous, Insane, etc. This is another area where I get really angry at FCA for not suposidly mitigating those dealers from inflating the price as they promised to do. Granted the market rate will be the rate, but in my opinion the HC was and should be somewhat obtainable for the working person. Playing games with die-hard fans of the brand to extend this craze by throttling supply which just makes premium pricing the norm gets on my nerves. Hoping that come February, the ones that have sat on the lot start to create a swing back to normal?

10. CharlieS

CharlieS Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The price will come down only if they don't sell. Eventually, they'll come down, but not until the supply increases. I don't see cars moving as quickly now as they were, so I bet by February things will loosen up. I wouldn't pay 74k for one, and I doubt I'm the only one. Under 70k, yes.

11. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    offer him MSRP
    ask him for a window sticker

when he says $5k extra....reply MSRP
    call back in a week, offer MSRP
    call back in 2 weeks offer MSRP

call around the country...offer MSRP

search the forum 1-2x a day and look at all the posts offering MSRP

dont pay ADM going into Winter....that would be foolish in my opinion.....fly/drive across the country and pay MSRP