What is your ideal launch technique?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Racing Forum' started by BlackbirdWS6, Jun 16, 2016.

1. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I went to the track last night with the new DR's and DS. I had a lot of fun and the car had zero traction issues with the MT Street R's. DA wasn't all that great and the car had to sit running for a bit before it would go down the track which surely impacted IATs. Here is what I did for launch on each of the 3 runs.

Run 1: Essentially did an idle punch. Felt like the car had a slight delay before it took off.

Run 2: Stalled it up a bit (not WOT/brakes) and mashed the gas on the last yellow. Best 60' of the night but not by much over the idle punch.

Run 3: Little bit of throttle and then snap to WOT on the last yellow. The attempt was to flash the converter but while it felt good, the 60 was softer than the other 2 by a couple thou.

So basically, how are you folks with the A8 launching your car? What is your technique for that real deep 1.6x or 1.5x 60'? The one thing I did not try is a very aggressive stall launch.

2. dragrcr

dragrcr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have found that the 60 foot will be a product of the DA / ET. And the car can trick you depending on weather it is cooled down or hot lapped and depending on how long it has actually been running when you do your burnout and stage. That being said, I usually try to launch at around 1100-1200 RPM.

I think if you stall it up it can be beneficial too but sometimes it will pull timing if it is hot or possibly if it is building too much boost with no road speed etc. and not 60 foot that good There is definitely something going on there. So I usually just go for the 1100-1200 launch.

I have definitely found that my best 60 foots have been with the best DA. I did a 1.549 one week and then the very next week my best was a 1.550. Both were with around 600 foot DA with a Cooldown at the end of the night and a liberal burnout.

3. dragrcr

dragrcr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    PS: I always STAB the throttle as hard and fast as I can !

. LAUNCH CROP.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. moparmangamble

moparmangamble Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very good pic. Awesome shot!

• Agree Agree x 1