What kind of cameras and where to mount?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by RadCat, Mar 6, 2015.

1. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've never had a GoPro or anything similar. The GoPro's seem to be pretty big (size). I have seen some crotch rocket guys with smaller versions (different brand like Phillips, Sony or Pioneer?). I'd like to have several but don't want them so large.

So what are you guys using and where are you mounting them? I don't want my car to look like a Google mapping car, but I'd like to have one forward on the dash, one backwards in the rear deck, then a couple outside like roof, on the side facing back (or out to the side?) and of course would need one on both sides because you never know what lane you will be in...well except for me, I live 98% of the time in the fast lane....

I don't need 4k Ultra High Def. Just regular HD will work...but then again, watching them on my 4k Ultra HD TV might be kinda nice. But I think I'd rather have less definition (as if HD is a drawback) and buy more of them.

2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've been researching this for months and go pros are not good quality overall even if they perform well for a short period of time.

The Sony action cam 100 or 200 series was what I was going to buy but decided my canon DSLR 60D camera should be good enough to use if I mount it. I bought some delkin fat gecko camera tri suction mounts to mount my Canon camera and it should be coming in today.

There are other brands but some go pros use the same Carl zeis lens that sony uses so may as well stick with Sony, based on reviews it had better quality overall than the go pros.

I already have a cat fur muffler (anti wind) and a boom microphone I bought years ago that will pickup engine or exhaust noise with minimal to no wind popping noises.

Only thing I have to do now is configure my camera for HD optimal recording settings.

You're right on the 4K definition, we are all still light years from using 4K as a standard. 1080 should be good for years to come

3. HCone

HCone Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat