Whatca think about ordering from these guys?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by rgigowski, Jul 15, 2015.

1. rgigowski

rgigowski SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I want to order a Charger HC for a spring delivery. Thought is one, gives me time to achieve a couple business goals I have set for myself and two, the excitement should calm down a bit unless there is another production delay.

My brother is a retired service manager for Dodge but the dealer was north of Houston and I live north of Dallas. I stopped in at my local Dodge dealer during a Jeep enthusiast promotion they were hosting. Shot the breeze and built up a relation before I dug deeper... my opening line was "can I get a wench like that on the Viper in the show room"?

Started to ask about Hellcats and found out they took orders for 9 but delivered only two. They said the regional guy told them if they had orders, regardless of allocation, they would be delivered upon. Didn't happen and the regional guy is no longer employed by Dodge.

I identified myself as a potential customer even though I could order through my brother and asked what they would require. Thousand dollar deposit is all that was needed and of course with the 7 that didn't get their Hellcats, I said it better be refundable. The answer was, they were sure they could sell it if I didn't take it but again, due to allocation, they deposit isn't refundable. I laughed and said, you took the deposits of the 7? No, they gave it back. Something tells me I would need something in writing.

Nonetheless, we're talking list price and a 1,000 bucks. However, I am hesitant due to the past debacle but yet, this dealer is 5 minutes from the house.

My thinking is the demand should lessen and even though they may flake out on me, as long as I get my deposit back, I am good. I want the car and will get the car, but not doing unnatural acts like traveling 5 hours to Houston. However, I could fly there and have one hell of a drive back to my home.

Thoughts?

2. LaserDoc

LaserDoc Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You already have answered your own question!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You should run from that dealership as fast as you can!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rgigowski

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ugh... I figured y'all would say that. I have no trouble asking to sit with the owner and I do have time to "milk" it. It would be so nice to have a dealer this close to my home.

But, I have been subject to the short end of the deal before with an owner of a Ford dealer.

5. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    most people have traveled 200+ miles for there cat . With that said next spring will be a deference story .
    If they will give you a deadline for your money back then no harm . I know for a fact that many dealers were playing with the costerme with the allocation BS the ones who would pay more would get there car first and I don't think that will stop at some of the dealership. But it would be nice to be able to have your car serviced at the dealership you bought it from!

6. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dooooooon't doooooooo it!!!

Go somewhere else!!! As LaserDoc said, you already know this deep down inside. Trust your instincts.

If the owners allow this type of business practice they are either enabling it through policy & practice or are incompetent as owners/leaders. As a business person, I'm sure you understand this and are just a bit too close to the situation (heck...it's your situation).

It's always sad when the person who tries to "milk it" ends up getting milked :( Don't allow this to happen to you. There are plenty of decent dealers out there...well...at least a few :D

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  7. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i wouldnt order from anyone....someone i know just bought one right off a truck today (black A8) locally

search and keep searching and you will find one.....people are still buying them and not everyone is paying huge ADMs...most are, some arent....just depends on luck and how hard you try..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rubbel

rubbel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This strategy worked for me and paid MSRP from a dealer 1 hour from home. The more flexible you are the better your chances of finding a car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TURNERZ

TURNERZ Rocket Science for the Road

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Shop around.

I would recommend MSRP and refundable BOTH in writing before putting anything down. After you find something you can always go back and try to get the same or better at your local dealership.

Several members have hit on the fact that the true colors of these stealerships are revealed on these hellcats with "admin" and others nonsense.

Good luck!

Turnerz

10. rgigowski

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    All great input and thanks... The beauty of living int the DFW area is there are ton's of dealers to talk too.

If y'all saw my post on why I am addicted to the Hellcat, I almost won one. The hook has been set and I cannot get off the line, oh darn!

The dealer the HVAC company bought the vehicles(3) from is north of me in Sherman Texas. I could get a reference from the HVAC owner and deal with those guys. Forty miles from the house wouldn't be too bad.