What's missing?

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by chaos03, Aug 31, 2015.

1. chaos03

chaos03 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I've been home with my Charger HC for about a week now. Went over 500 miles yesterday. I absolutely love this machine! I love being a part of the history that this car is making and owning an icon in the automotive industry. I love the ride and the respect that MOPAR nation gives when they see this beast out in the wild. Now aside from all of that... I feel there are some things missing. Small luxuries that I had on my previous two Chargers but I don't have now. On both my 2012 R/T road and track version and my 2013 SRT I had simple things like adaptive cruise control, heated and cooled cup holders, auto wipers & auto brights (SRT only). These are small things that I don't understand why they were sacrificed. Well, besides the ACC. The numerous radiators took up too much space so it wouldn't fit. It's a small disappointment strongly overshadowed by the massive roar of awesomeness every time the Cat comes to life. Just thought I'd share my thoughts on it to see if anyone else was thinking the same thing or found other things missing.

#1stworldproblems

2. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I may have missed it, but no memory seats either?

3. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't know about the charger, but my challenger has auto high beams and auto wipers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And the heated and cooled cup holders you can get from the dealer, there like 400 dollars,, but only works on the charger... and the challengers have auto high beams, and auto wipers...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yup. ive got auto wipers and auto dimming headlight on mine

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you'd think they would put memory seats in the challenger considering the seats get moved around more, just add a button for quick seat forward then memory seat to put it back.

but i just have a high school diploma so don't mind me

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. RoyG

RoyG Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Indeed - they left the auto-dimming high beams and rain sensing wipers off the Charger. (I loved them on my 2012 R/T as well). No heated/cooled cup holders, some folks I see are installing aftermarket. Mine does have memory seats! And - alas - no Adaptive cruise Control due to the need for the front grill real-estate for airflow.

8. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Memory seats on both sides would be a bonus. Why a manual passenger seat. Not the end of the world. Just seems strange on a highly optioned car.

9. ManicMechanicMD

ManicMechanicMD Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    All I know for sure is that the adaptive cruise was because they needed that space up front for intercooler/radiator space. I don't know why the wipers and lights aren't on the Charger. I wouldn't mind having them. It's already five grand more than the Challenger. Why the delete?

10. ChargeCat

ChargeCat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I added the heated and cooled cupholders for $186. Found on ebay. Easy to install and work well!

11. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't have my Hellcat Challenger yet (<2 weeks I hope) but the only thing it will not have that bothers me is fog lights. Lots of foggy mornings here.
    Have other vehicles with auto dim headlights and wipers and hate the "feature". Not sure why I would want adaptive cruise control - so I can pace behind a Prius?