What's with the hating of the Hellcat's over at Jalopnik??

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Driver72, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Now I don't really know much about this Jalopnik site, but have seen two recent articles where they are bashing on the Hellcat.
    Here calling it a rental car with a big motor, and labelling the interior as ultra low quality plastics?
    Clearly this idiot kid who wrote this article has not been IN the Charger/Challenger recently, especially the higher end versions, because they have interiors that match (or exceed) the level and quality of $100k cars of just a few years ago.
    The other article they claim the CTS-V is the craziest four door sedan in the world, and bag on the Charger Hellcat's chassis (which they rightfully point out, is from Mercedes Benz a handful of years ago).
    But do they not know the CTS-V equally equipped is at least $25k more than a Charger Hellcat, and it's still slower?

Time for us to fill the inbox of this Jalopnik site with some "educational" messages.
    This story below is full of nonsense:

The Scariest Thing About The Hellcat Is The Third Owner

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's like fox news, bias to the crazy right. Every News/Media site has bias. Who cares. The 2015 plastics still rattle and do have poor fitment in areas. 70k 2015 car that has it's sunglass holder rattle and some other random rattles from the dash at 5k miles. Can't wait to see how much of a rattle fest it becomes at 30-50k miles.

Edit: Mind you, Let the editor/writer speak his peice, but at-least our car doesn't pull timing because of heat issues. That's what happens when you go crazy about aero and drag and forget about the fact of cooling the engine.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well... the BS insults aside... the author was mainly conveying that idiot young adults will be driving Hellcats 10 years from now because they will be high-milage, cheap, throw-away vehicles with way too much horsepower for said idiot young adult, that won't give a flying crap about safe driving.

Which is a very possible outcome.

That said, the bashing in the article does suck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    While the new cts-v is nice,, it's allot more money, and caddy has always been known for electric issues, and the hellcat is best bang for buck... Most of us here could of bought other cars but at the end of the day, the hellcat is a true muscle car, plan and simple..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sure it is possible that 10 year old Hellcat's will be in the hands of younger owners in 10 years, however, all the crap about it's more of a threat to the safety of Americans than terrorism and gun violence....pahleeze. He MAY have been speaking in jest, but based on the article, probably not.

The fact of the matter is, how many 20 year olds even today can afford a $30k car?
    How many of them are buying the most powerful cars from 10 years ago?
    Very few on both accounts.

I bought a Mustang GT when I was 18 years old. At the time, it was the second most powerful American made car with a V8 engine (Corvette was barely faster back then). Guess what? I didn't go out and kill myself or others because of the power the car had.

He's clearly a kid. I'll tell you what is CURRENTLY and will continue to be VASTLY more dangerous. People texting and driving, and the biggest violators of that are the young people who at 16-21 years of age have practically grown up texting so they know it as normal.

Any 20 year old who can afford and chooses to buy a Hellcat 8-10 years from now will be well aware of it's power and 90% of them will be just fine and not go out and do overly stupid things with it. The worry would be driving alongside the 20 year old in a used jalopy pick up truck as he/she is texting doing 70 mph.

Bet the author in that Jalopnik article drives and texts himself, so he's certainly in ZERO position to be worried about the very few 18-22 year olds who will own a Hellcat 10 years from now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you read this article with "a grain of salt" and ignore the insults as insults and just treat them as a jealous guy with a sense of humor. It's kind of
    entertaining. He does have a point about the "third owner".

I'd like to think this guy is a sort of "John Stewart" and hope that readers take it as satire not a real attempt at critiquing the Hellcat.

7. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here is the point everyone have missed,, this car a pussy cat, if you leave all the nanny controls on, there is no way this car will get out of control....and if said person takes all the controls off, then we will add them to darwins list...Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm 16
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Could be, but after seeing two insulting articles of the Hellcat today by Jalopnik it irked me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't go to their site. I don't.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Mills

Mills Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The V6 Camaro is too much car for him...love that video. The look on his face when he loses it is priceless

12. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't, saw the articles on Yahoo.

13. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's funny. As I said, I don't know "Jalopnik" or the guy who wrote the article, but based on what he wrote, the fact he's a girly man wouldn't surprise me. :)

14. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, it kinda is.

15. Mtr

Mtr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Different people. The Jalopnik driver that crashed the V6 Camaro was Patrick George. The author of this piece is Doug DeMuro.

• Agree Agree x 1