wheel offset

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Wheels and Tires' started by Fastlane_wood, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Fastlane_wood

Fastlane_wood Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    would a +38 offset clear our brakes i found a nice set of wheels out of state but was sure if they would clear and if not between what and what number should clear our brakes far as offset

2. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You need to post the width of the rim you are looking at too and if you are talking front or rear wheels.
    But I don't think any rim of 9.5-11 inches wide would fit with a 38 offset.
    Not only would it probably hit the brakes, but it would definitely hit on the inside, i.e.: a suspension, steering part, or wheel well).

You want to be in the 15 (will stick out further) to 26 (will tuck under wheel well more) range for most 9.5 to 11 inch wide wheels. There is little room in the front too, so you'd probably need more like 15 to 20 offset for most front wheels.

Just for reference the stock 9.5 inch wide wheels have an offset of roughly 18.5

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Radride

Radride VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Offset doesn't determine caliper clearance. The face design of the wheel does.

R.K.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is true too, but make no mistake, offset has an effect on caliper clearance. There is only so much wheel design they can do and keep the integrity of the wheel, so you can't have an offset of 38 but then have spokes that stick way out to clear the brake calipers, without seriously compromising the strength of the wheel.