Wheel Specs?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Wheels and Tires' started by Driver72, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Basically all I know is they are 20 x 9.5

Anybody know where I can find our stock wheels
    Backspacing
    Offset
    Lug Spacing
    Weight

Thanks

2. Cruisin1966

Cruisin1966 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can help a little

Offset: 18.5
    Lug spacing: 5 x 115

3. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks
    Ill take that.

Now just need to know backspacing.
    I can weigh them if I have too, but I'm sure somebody already has, so hopefully they'll know.

4. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just a little below 33 pounds.

5. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Thanks!

6. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oh, also, by chance do you guys know what the SRT wheel center cap diameter is?

Thanks again

7. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Backspace equals one half the wheel width and in this case add the positive offset to get it. I am too lazy to convert but 9.5"/2+18.5mm

8. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cool didn't know the convert method. Thanks.

So it works out to be:

9.5 (inches)
    divided by 2
    = 4.75
    + offset of 18.5 mm (which equals .728346 inches)

4.75 + .728346 = 5.478

9. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If the offset is negative you subtract it. The backset is the distance from the inside wheel face to the mounting surface.

10. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks, I have been familiar with offset for years, but seems only in recent years is the term "backspacing" coming into play (does this refer to how deep dish the wheel is?).
    So I really didn't know what that was or how to measure it.
    Just wanted to make sure the aftermarket wheels I'm looking at will look good and fit properly without rubbing issues.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  11. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    OK, I've researched a bit more.
    this backspacing and offset thing seem to be two ways of finding out the EXACT same information. So why did they start to talk "backspacing" in the past couple years.

Backspacing is the distance from the back of the wheel to the back of the mounting hub
    Offset, as has been the standard forever, is the distance in millimeters OUTWARD or INWARD from centerline of the wheel to the mounting hub.
    So to me, what's the point of measuring backspacing, it just causes confusion, and here's a perfect example.

I'm looking at wheels for the Hellcat that will look aggressive and not "cheesy aftermarket looking" so I can take off and store the forged OEM wheels, so if/when it comes time to sell the Hellcat, the OEM wheels will be immaculate, adding to the value of the car.
    I'm also wanting to find 20x10 wheels so if I decide to put 305's on the car, it's within the recommended rim size and I don't have to worry about ballooning or anything putting 305's on a 9.5 inch wide wheel.

The wheel I am looking at is a
    20 x 10
    says it has a offset of 25 mm
    Which is perfect compared to stock. Wheel won't stick out any further than current OEM wheel, but actually the face of the wheel will sit inward a measly 1 millimeter, but because the wheel is 1/2 wider the additional 1/2 inch is all on the inside, meaning it's wider inward toward the suspension and tucking under the wheel wells.
    However, this same wheel says it has a backspacing of 6.50"
    Well, how in the heck can it have a 6.50" backspacing but have an offset of 25mm from the centerline of the wheel. There is a 1/2 inch discrepancy there.
    So either the wheel has a 25 mm offset and a 6.00 inch backspacing or
    the wheel has a 6.50" backspacing or a roughly 38 mm offset

So unless I'm missing something with this backspacing stuff, I don't know which to believe on this wheel.???

12. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ^ I am with ya. Let me guess that is the Bravado site? If so I agree those numbers are so strange I moved on. I am at about at my wits end. I have been shopping for three hours for ANY manufacturer that offers anything not custom in a 9.5" front and a 11" rear that works! I think I have changed my mind, may want black and not chrome but I can't find anything that works at least off the shelf. I know those Bravado's works because there is a thread where a member used them. I have a question or two out on email now.

FYI, I do think that 25 mm may be close to the magic rear offset for an 11". We know a 21mm offset works with a 315, because that is the Bravado thread. I am about to pull the trigger, but can't find anything to buy!!

13. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

No it wasn't the Bravado, but I did JUST see that thread and looked at them.
    I wouldn't want 20 x 11's
    I saw that coldheartid went with them, and they stick out to far for my tastes.
    If they made them in 20 x 10.5 that would be better. Even 20 x 10's.
    My thing is, I don't want wheels that have an offset that makes them stick OUT from under the wheel well any further than the stock ones.
    I'd like wheels that are 1/2 to 1 inch wider, but basically all of that width inside under the wheel well.

14. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So the more positive offset the more it sets back into the car. I have the 305's mounted up. Keeping the same offset at 18.5 mm with a wider wheel keeps the tire in the same realitive place. Notice that there is 5/8" distance from the face of the 9.5" wheel to the outside edge of a 305. Coldheartid has a 21mm offset, shifting it in just a bit. He reports even with those huge 325's he still has some room at the critical spot inside. I think I am going to go with 305 rears. So IMO a 25mm offset will work with either a 10.5 or an 11" and tuck the package in as far as we dare. On the backs only now.

15. RCC Turbos

RCC Turbos Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    A wider wheel with the same offset as stock will push your wheel outside of the body, 1" wider with same offset means 1/2" of wheel outwards, if you go 1" wider and want the wheel in the same location as stock your offset should be around 31mm

• Useful Useful x 1