When I purchase one new what all should I get?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Helldog, May 13, 2016.

1. Helldog

Helldog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hopefully taking delivery tomorrow of a 2016 Challenger Hellcat. What all paperwork or other items should I make sure I have so that collectability is assured? Yellow front air deflector protectors, window sticker, what else?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    your car will never be much of a collectible...expect it to be a rare 1 of 40,000+

as far as i know there is nothing extra to get....if they let you unwrap it you can save the plastic wrap off each part??(joking)

enjoy your car for what it is....soon a Camaro ZL1 will most likely be the fastest muscle car in history and you will be #2 or #3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Helldog

Helldog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome! thanks for the buzzkill!!! I can always count on you to put a pin in my balloon. Unfortunately you put it in the side of the balloon instead of the topmost center that is thick and can handle it without bursting.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hud

Hud Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ouch.

I save everything anyway. It's helped me in the past with trading up.

5. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You should get the things that you listed plus one black key, two red keys and of course the owners manual.

While I have no idea about how collectible these cars may or may never be I can tell you that there were more than 20,000 1969 Z/28 Camaros built and they are pretty collectible. I'd say that huggytree is in the ball park on the total number of Hellcats likely to be built by the end of the current body style and that new ZL1 is going to be a strong car. I am already thinking of getting one and they are not even shipping yet. Also, like huggytree said,
    ENJOY YOUR CAR!!!! 1 of 40,000 doesn't sound very rare but the size of the population is increasing and collectible is more about supply and demand than just about any other single issue that can determine collectability. So for now enjoy it and if you still have it in 20/30 or even 40+ years you can worry about collectability.;)

6. blaze

blaze ☆★✪ The Watcher ✪★☆ Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    throw the black keys in a drawer. you will not need them. do not valet your car.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat

We'll see. I typically see the current ZL1 doing mid to high 11 second 1/4 mile runs, while Hellcats do 10.8. The combination of 200 lbs weight loss and the torque gain does not add up to an easy win for the new ZL1.
    The other issue is that many believe the current ZL1 overstated power, while the Hellcat understates it. We'll have to see how things turn out and if the ZL1 can also match the crazy 200 MPH+ top end of the Hellcat charger.
    So far as collecting goes, it's always a waiting game. The Charger will likely be more collectible, but it's hard to know what will happen. One thing's for sure: The Hellcat got serious legendary status via the web and most reviews. I've rarely seen a car generate so much buzz and it's a blast owning one.

Hope I pulled the pin out of that balloon! Of course there's always a faster car coming, but a few dollars can change that with ease as well, so don't sweat it.

Robert

• Like Like x 1
  8. Robocop1127

Robocop1127 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There's plenty more that your overlooking guys!!! There's a Manifest Sheet / Vehicle Shipping Order Sheet / 6 Pages that makeup the Build Sheet 5 standard size pages and one large page that's 14" by 11" / There's also a Sheet that's placed in the Trunk with (syncreon) Printed on the top designating your : Trunk kit-Mats-Owners Manual-License-Booklet V Rec-& BKLT2- Also there's a yellow & white sticker on the outside of the front windshield that has a barcode and your vin # on it and on the top it states- SOLD USA RETL plus the splitter protectors and a bunch of wrapping products including a steering wheel cover that's a blue elastic and terry-cloth material. There's also some heavy paper material designating-for dealer removal only warning about low speed when loading and unloading the vehicle for transportation plus a few others warning labels placed in the interior of the vehicle. Lastly there's a few ziplock bags which the 2 red keyfobs came in that were in the glovebox because they give the transport driver access to only the black key. If you've ever seen all this paperwork you'd be surprised and it can only add to the originality of the vehicle should you plan on keeping it for a while or ever reselling it. P.S. I'm sure I have more stuff too that I have from my car but I'm overlooking.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The photos of the new ZL1 look AWESOME!!! kind of like the C7 vette I expect that the car will have so much down force that it's top speed and 1/4 mile times will suffer (like the C7 vette does). Either way, I expect it to be a bad*** ride! But, the Hellcat should be a safe bet for not tanking after a few years. Look at the 03/04 terminator mustangs. They are holding their value surprisingly well and they make about 1/2 the power stock that the Hellcats do.

Like the GoodCaptain said above, well heck I don't know how to copy and past all of that so just re-read the above post, especially the part about over and under rating power;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Robocop...My current car was a replacement for a "lemon". My dealer was nice enough not to remove anything from my car. I think that I received all of the stuff that you mentioned including the blue terry cloth shower cap looking steering wheel cover that you mentioned. I just completely forgot about all of it. I packed it into a great big Ziploc bag and put it in the attic. Good save on your post. I bet that most new owners never get any of that stuff as the dealers toss it as part of the pre-delivery inspection and clean up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Robocop1127

Robocop1127 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey Graycat your car is optioned pretty close to mine and it's cool that you got most of the mentioned items because trust me down the road there's car collectors that would want all of those items too!!! The only reason I got all of the paperwork was because the owner of the dealership where I ordered mine is my very good friend. I remember when you got your replacement vehicle because it's the GC color like mine so good luck with this one and enjoy it this summer!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If you're not a twenty year old, please not buy a Hellcat for an investment. Run the wheels off of it.
    Way too much fun to baby!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Robocop!!!! Enjoy your car and your summer!

• Like Like x 1
  14. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    they have 2 years to make the Zl1 faster...its way lighter and will outdo the HC most likely

i am sorry to kill the buzz, but you need to realize its not a 1 of 100 1971 Hemi Cuda Convertible your buying...its a 1 of 40,000+....its a car that most consider a weekend driver...they will live forever...they wont ever be rare in the scheme of things.....they will most likely never be worth $2.5 million in 35 years

got to be realistic....still an awesome car that you will enjoy for ever......there will always be something better....and the better is most likely going to be the Zl1....it wont be comfortable, it wont fit 5 people....but its a equally cool looking car and sounds like they are designing it to beat the HC in every way (except cool)

enjoy your car and post some pics....

15. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat

The ZL1 will not be better. It will be different, a track monster that is also fast. But It's still not comfortable. It's still impossible to see out of. And it wasn't FIRST to the 700 HP+ muscle car party, which is something the Hellcat owns FOREVER.

Oh...and the ZL1 is missing two doors against my far cooler and more practical Charger. If it can't go 205 MPH, it will still be slower and it already has less HP.

I think the Hellcat name will stand tall no matter what comes along. Being first is important. After nearly two years, muscle cars that have matched the Hellcat HP = 0.

Robert