when will enough hellcats be sold so the pricing is below invoice?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by huggytree, Nov 22, 2014.

1. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Im in the process of selling my 2011 IE SRT8 Challenger and plan to buy a Hellcat next spring....Due to the horrible ordering experience in 2011 IE and seeing it happen all over again for the Hellcat ive decided to NOT order and simply wait for a dealer to have it in stock.

ive had some dealers ive contacted tell me they expect by next summer they will have filled demand and the hellcats will be sitting at dealers waiting for a buyer....some tell me it will never be sitting in a showroom, that they will always sell out

since Dodge says its not a limited production car (even though right now it sure is).....eventually the 5,000 people who will pay anything for one will have one.

at this point i wont pay sticker.....i also have a 13 Gt500....people told me to expect to pay full sticker on it...i flew across country and got -$4400 off sticker and had fun driving it home 1400 miles

when do you think deals will start to be had on Hellcats?

i vote next summer

2. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think they will go for MSRP at some point every where. Doubt they will go under unless there is one at a dealership that wants to make it "go away" so they can order something else. As you found with your GT500. As long as there is an "allocation" or an "earned unit program" the dealers will stick to their guns on the price. Vipers are a different story, been around for a while and there are not as many buyers for them. They are a bit more money. That little bit more pushes it out of most peoples price range. As an owner ( soon to be ) I hope they never sell them under MSRP. it will help keep my value up in the unlikely event that I would sell mine.

Dealers also trade allocation vehicles with other dealers. My dealer ( which is also Ford) sends most of his Raptors to the Southwest. Not sure exactly what he gets but its beneficial to him.

3. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As mentioned in another thread, Dodge has the capability of producing another two or three thousand over the five they have orders for. I would agree, that next summer sounds right. If the Hellcats are out in force on the streets this Spring, that could sell more. 3k more? That is the unknown.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    However will the "used" market affect the new market????

5. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lee Brown was considering a group buy at Invoice price as soon as supply and demand balanced out and that can be as soon as Spring 2015.

6. Coldheartid

Coldheartid Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, By now they should be re-aligning the business model to reduce the numbers of other vehicles to accommodate the overwhelming orders for the Hellcat. Of course there is that EPA gas usage tax credit thingy.

7. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think they have enough orders to build for two years..there will be allot of upset people if they start selling under msrp,, I don't think your going to see that happen until 2016 if it ever happens,, if by chance the hellcat gets a bad name for its self, things may change...this is the most talked about car in years..people are lined up ten deep or more waiting on people to bail out of there hellcat.. I called a dealer Thursday, they want 12000 over sticker for there's..and another wants 7000, but said if I want it,I could have it for 3000 over sticker.. the dealer already makes 5600 on each hellcat,, plus dealer hold back.. I know supply and demand.. I think anyone looking for a hellcat, call around and have them place a order next month,, assuming they have allocations, and get it for msrp.... I live in Michigan, and if my car don't come very very soon,, I'm going to wait and get a charger hellcat, so that will be one person that bailed on there car..

8. rayzazoo

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Some people have already ordered for less than MSRP (Lisa at Speedlogix for example). The only issue is waiting for the car to be built as most that sold below MSRP didn't get 1st run allocation.

9. bolivarshagnasty

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Who is Lee Brown?

10. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    At this point in the game,,I would have waited if I could of got it less then msrp,, plus second allocation has not opened started yet, dealers don't know what there getting yet...maybe it's cause it's a business

11. rayzazoo

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    He is the General Manager at Laukemper Motors in Mound City, MO.

He was working at Baxter Dodge for a while and then moved further down South to start Laukemper. He was recommended by several buddies of mine that he sold Vipers for good/very reasonable deals and really does focus on the customer rather than the sale.

At this point, there are 4 people that I would recommend ordering my Hellcat from:

Adam at Melton Dodge (Claremore, OK)
    Lee Brown at Laukemper Motors (Mound City, MO)
    Callan Perry (McKinney Dodge, TX)
    Bob of Bob Frederick

Granted, there are people that have orders in and now that it is late in the game, it might take some time to get your order built. However, these guys get an A+ in my book when it comes to being straightforward, no BS, and customer service directed with their business.

Dodge needs to recognize guys like these for promoting more than "just the sale".

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  12. bolivarshagnasty

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ordered from Bob 10/28. Won't see it til next summer, but will get options I wanted. (Black hood, sepia Laguna, brass monkey)

• Like Like x 1
  13. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    when i tried ordering my GT500 1 local dealer wanted $5k over sticker...another wanted $10k over sticker!!....i found them on line in other States for -$2k-4000....thats why i decided to take a plane ride from WI to NH

5,000 people want them hard core....once that 5,000 is sold things should come back to earth.......other than a really limited car like the Ford GT i dont see them selling for invoice for more than 6 months-12 months......once the demand goes down they will be sitting around a dealer lot somewhere in the USA

when i bought my IE i remember people wanting sticker...i ordered one at -500 off sticker.....i ended up dumping the order and picking one up for -2500 off sticker in IL....some dealers want to hold onto a car forever to get the most $$, some want to sell and order another one.....as soon as demand is met there will be dealers who want to keep them moving....i dont see -5000 on one....but i do see -1000 to -2000 on them at some point

very few people can afford a $60,000 car......Dodge doesnt have the same following at Ford...the 13/14 gt500 had similar hype or maybe even more, yet after 6 months after release i got mine for $4400 off sticker

time will tell....my fingers crossed i can find one by April 15....otherwise ill probably pay sticker just to get one.....(first i have to sell the IE)

14. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Many consider the slow roll out and the delivery of the Hellcats to be just unfortunate. I do not, I think that it is largely intentional, to hide the fact that Dodge never intended to produce the car in large numbers. I doubt that the car has any real profit in it for the manufacturer, so why should they. Do not look for deliver numbers to improve, there will always be something in the way.

15. DaveNJ

DaveNJ Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My local Ford Dealership wanted $20k over MSRP on a new GT.. He turned down an offer for $10k over, and ended up selling it for MSRP.. LOL.. so you know what's going to happen.. it's only a matter of 'when'.