when will the hellcat run the Nürburgring Nordschleife

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by carcass, Jan 2, 2016.

1. carcass

carcass SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yes yes,,
    I know its not designed for handling and all that..
    now when will the Hellcat run the Green Hell?
    If I had the means to swing it I'd hire a professional to drive my car on that track.
    A 10.80 is awesome in fixed parameter. I for one would like to see a Hellcat grace the Nurburgring and pikes peak as well.
    anybody else want to see some real action?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    completely agree, wish they'd run it so we can compare it to other track cars.

3. pumacat

pumacat SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am waiting for the new Viper ACR to set the pace.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. NorCaletch19He77Kat

NorCaletch19He77Kat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    it wont be as quick as a Z06 or ZR1.. but it will be impressive for a heavy car.

The HellCat ouran the ZL1 on Mt. Tam though..

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Still not sure why people say this? The car is in fact designed for handling. As we were talking about in the thread with a Hellcat vs the new V. Hellcats as all SRTs re designed and tuned for handling. Kind of a big part of SRTs designs, Street & Racing. Could they have to do a new core version, that is maybe a little stripped down and different suspension etc, sure, but then you have a car that goes right after the GT350 and Z28. SRT is more of a handyman i guess you could say. Just like a handyman, SRTs are designed to do everything good, but nothing great. They are made to handle, to accelerate, to stopping to daily driving. Unlike say a master welder, or a master carpenter that is great at just one thing, like the GT350 or Z28. Yes we all know the car is heavy, always has been. But that heavy feeling is also what makes these cars such a joy to drive daily, also make it feel solid and planted and yes safe. Not trying to start a "well this car does, this, that car is faster, this car is boat" type of thing. Just trying to help people see what SRT really does to a car.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. NorCaletch19He77Kat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would be willing to bet that on the street or on a road course, I could out handle and outrun 99% of Z28 or GT350R's--in the end the driver is most of the difference--as has been and always will be that way.
    Nascar Teams that have multiple cars that are identically prepared, finish all over the board weekly--driver difference...

20151226_143207.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. carcass

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    writing,
    "I know the car isn't designed for handling and all that.." was a preemptive strike to help prevent or minimize the naysayers climbing in and crapping all over a thread that isn't about drag slip times M6 vs Automatic, it seems to be the standard response when someone asks how to make handling improvements to the car. Don't even mention cutting weight, people will absolutely loose their marbles.
    I know this car can handle, and I want to see it, please folks go out and prove it if you can. We need video proof. I'm tired of watching 60 mph roll racing videos or squabbling over tenths of a second in 1320 feet.
    Bring on the corners, straights up hills and downhills.
    weekly autocross coverage and local club meets. I don't care if its the slowest car on the course I just want to see it dive into the corners and slide.

8. carcass

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can you post a link to an article or video for this race please??

9. carcass

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

heres a hemi cuda on the nurburgring, its a modern video but hey its there.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'd be REALLY surprised if a Hellcat can out handle a GT350 or a Z28 on a road course, given that they are basically factory cars setup for the track. They don't have the HP to make it up in the straights etc, but even though i love my Hellcat, i can freely admit that the GT350 and Z28 will out handle our cars. And Carcass, there are a couple members on here that have a handful of videos up from there times at Willow Springs etc. They are doing some very impressive times and passing plenty of other cars that you wouldn't expect. Yes i do agree above that it really comes down to the driver. If you take a crap drive and throw him in a great car, then a great driver in a crappy car will probably do better. Not trying to get into a "i can out drive this car or that car, etc", i totally understand the driver can make or break a track time. I'm simply saying that car for car, a GT350 or Z28 will out handle our cars. But, i also know that our cars will handle a lot better then people think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    GT350 or Z28 will destroy a hellcat on most tracks with equal drivers in both cars. The only time the hellcat might have an edge is if the track has straight aways for the hellcat to use it's power to catch up. In the bends, the GT350R and Z28 will eat away. The hellcat will put up a fight, just not for very long.

PS, Nurburing times are banned after the last accident. So thats why there isnt a viper time yet (Or may never be)

12. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    CubeMan is correct. After a Nissan GTR went off into the crowd although I believe that was in a race they have stopped anyone attempting any lap records.

13. Catscratch Fever

Catscratch Fever Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'd like to see the Hellcat run the 24 Hrs of Daytona. One car and four engines.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. NorCaletch19He77Kat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think it's on youtube--Car and Driver or Motor Trend. great video--HellCat wins and although horsepower helps, it was close throughout..

15. NorCaletch19He77Kat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yeah four Chevy engines sucked down the intake....

• Funny Funny x 1