Where did it go?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by shaystoy, Apr 15, 2015.

1. shaystoy

shaystoy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Man, where did the post for the raffle go? I had a good post I was typing up.

First of all - Hellcats can not be ordered right now so you wouldn't get a 2015 or is there some underhanded business going on and you would be given a customers canceled order that is sitting with a VON. Still no guarantee of a 2015

2) a maximum of 1500 tickets sold (lets say at the lowest price of $200) = $300,000 so minus $70,000 = $210,000 going into the clubs pockets. I see no mention of buying a chair for a wounded warrior. This is what I see "PROCEEDS OF THIS RAFFLE ARE USED TO OFFSET THE PROGRAM AND RELATED EXPENSES OF THE VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA. THESE ARE EXPENSES THAT MIGHT OTHERWISE BE BORNE BY OUR MEMBERS THROUGH INCREASED DUES OR LOSS OF CLUB SERVICES"

3) If less than 1,000 tickets sold, the grand prize is 50% of the raffle proceeds. 1,000 X $200 = $200,000/2 = $100,000 (minus 25% for taxes) = $75,000. Which is more that the check to Tomball dodge for $70,000. I'll take that cash in hand please!!! It can help pay for some of the tax, title and license.

4) No offense but I don't own a viper, never have and probably never will. Just not my type of car. What do I need a membership into your club for?

I could go on and on but in the end, doesn't seem like a very legitimate raffle. Unless of course you are VCA and need club funds.

2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It was deleted by a Mod because it violated forum rules.

April

• Like Like x 1
  3. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Although I am not presently a member of the VCA, I held membership from 2001 through 2014. The raffles have always been straight up (they generally had one or two per year in the past) and have been a pretty inexpensive way to have a chance at ownership of a pretty exotic, and often "1 of 1" car. IMHO, you're reading way too much into this. There are no Black Helicopters here! I still get mail from the VCA and I believe I read that they opened the raffle to everyone. You might want to dig a little more if you are feeling lucky. Good luck! (Just go to the VCA website and do some snooping around.)

4. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good Luck to those that enter!

April

5. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was never a member of the vca but did have a membership to the voa. The vca had some troubles and seem to be hurting for membership and money. As stated they have raffles every year to raise money. They have connections with chrysler and I am very confident you would get a hellcat if you win.
    As for the voa, they can piss off. I had an issue with a supporting vendor and posted about it. The members there blindly stood behind the vendor and I offered my racing fund of $800 to a charity if anyone could prove me wrong. No one could. They called me who is 5'9" too tall to drive a viper. Also they called me fat, which I am, but would never do it to my face. I cancelled my membership and got a refund and cut ties with those punks.

6. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hmmmm... JonB per chance?

7. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Jon b helped me when I was ordering stuff. He was stand up through the whole thing and a great person to work with. Autoform is the company that lied to me. Normally if something is wrong and everyone but one person is in agreement then I would point to that one person. I was that one person though and when I offered money to charity and no one stepped up to prove me wrong I felt betrayed by the group. Then to insult someone about their weight over the Internet is pretty low. Honestly it's why I don't support this forum as well. Nothing about hellcat.org but I am just turned off by the whole setup right now.

8. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just wondered because JonB was banned from the VCA over political issues. I did business with him several times and he was always standup with me.