Where is the Aftermarket for the Hellcat??????

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by paul suloff, Jan 26, 2015.

1. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

If you've been on the Mustang , Corvette or Camaro Forums you saw upgrades for wheels, suspension, and performance before the first cars hit the street. My last car was a 5.0 and I've watched the 2015 GT modded the day they landed. Already have them in the 9s.
    OK I'm aware the computer is locked on the Mopars (I have a Viper too) Even the Viper has a tuner and off road ECU out now. I'm not concerned with more horsepower yet. We need light weight wheels, driveshaft upgrades, CV and IRS upgrades, weight saving upgrades. The Mustang has all this thru Ford! Now! Where are you Mopar Performance. The Mustangs hit dealers at the same time as Hellcats?

I don't give a whop about bling items, I bought this car to go fast in a straight line and be able to drive it comfortably everyday! You'd think we'd have a slicks and skinnies tire wheel pkg, a lite weight front brake swap for smaller dia rims, aluminum or CF driveshaft by now. I've talked to Weld and Race Star, they don't think enough people are going to drag race these cars to make worth R&D time? 4000 orders!! I got think any owner with testicles is going take it to the track and the more serious ones are going to, at least, do some streetable mods that enhance ETs.

What do they think Mopar guys just buy these to brag at the country club and impress facebook friends with dyno sheets. I hope not.

2. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Its coming soon

3. Raymondhellcat12315

Raymondhellcat12315 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Points well made. I hope some will come. Remember, there are a lot more Mustangs being made than Hellcats. I'm interested in rear tires to drag mine. I was looking today, only saw 17" & 18" drag radials avail. Will they fit over brake calipers?

4. Cleghornm

Cleghornm Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How about factory wheels that can be widened.

5. Raymondhellcat12315

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hard to find drag radials/licks in 20" rim size

6. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How about Hellcats?...

I could buy drag slicks & rims... But that would be like putting the cart in front of the imaginary dead horse... Ok, if your going to load said imaginary dead horse in to the cart... But wait! The cart hasn't been built yet...

I guess it would be like pizzing into the wind... except that would be real, with an almost immediate reaction. So no, it's not like that.

Feels that way sometimes, but with no result...:confused:

Once they get some serious numbers on the road, then maybe someone will waste some R&D money trying to hop em up.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. paul suloff

Tires are available now. MT has a 305 and 315 x20. 18x10.5" wheel hits rear sway bar unless you modify brackets and narrow it.
    20x11 wheels are available for rear, but not in a light version to save weight. Fronts also available in 20x7 but no tire MFG makes a narrow (225x20) tire. So you need a 17 or 18" wheel to get a narrow tire for front which requires a smaller brake pkg. If you're going that far, that brake pkg needs to be lighter too, not just a older SRT conversion. All opportunities for the aftermarket. I think earlier SRTs have used a light one piece drive shaft, but I'm not sure it works with our cars. First one to the party is going to make some money!

8. Raymondhellcat12315

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What MT drag radial or slick you looking at? I didn't see any in 20" size on their site? Would also be a short side wall in a slick on a 20" wheel.

9. paul suloff

ET 2
    P305/35R20 29X12.50R20 36 R2 10.0-12.0 11 12.5 10.4 28.9 89

Nitto has a 315 but it's the same size at the MT 305. Mickey's much better on track.