Where to get signal and other ideas for "Hellcat Hi-Fi"

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Electronics' started by Hb hellcat, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Hb hellcat

Hb hellcat Black Betty...BamAlam!!!

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Looking to upgrade factory audio system.
    After hearing all the complaints about factory hk upgrade, decided to go aftermarket.
    Using factory head unit is a must. Where are you picking up the output signal to get the cleanest and most unfiltered output to use with upgraded speakers, processors, and amps? What aftermarket suppliers have the best options for our particular bodies and systems?
    My searches on this forum aren't showing much.
    So, are there other forums for just "stereo and hi-fi" advice for our cars? Is there another way to search?
    As these body styles are new on the market this year, but the general platform has been around for years, I would think aftermarket sound systems are not new to the model.
    I hardly see any of these vehicles at general car shows and most at brand specific shows don't have systems pertinent to me. I nor looking for over the top, sound wars type systems.
    Just trying to get some good ideas(better yet, pictures) to go to my local installer with so I'm not just waving my arms about trying to describe my visions and expectations.
    Any help with pictures of your aftermarket installations would be greatly appreciated. :cool:'

2. Hb hellcat

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So.....I guess all the aftermarket guys just ordered the hk upgrade and are thrilled with it???
    Now it looks like I'm the one to go "where one has never gone".

3. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wish I could help you... but what you want to do is outta my league!:confused:

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You will have a very hard time upgrading everything but the head unit. The head unit controls all of the UConnect features as well, which none of the aftermarket ones can do. It controls your HVAC, your heated seats, etc. Don't even mess with the head unit. You will also risk the dealer refusing to work on your car if you have any electrical issues. Just my honest opinion, having competition audio systems in the past.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. rwhite692

rwhite692 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm sure there's a way to pick up all of the audio outputs from the head unit. Call up Crutchfield and ask them if they have a harness out yet for the 8.4AN

I have had aftermarket systems in all of my previous rides and feel no need to mess with the system in my hellcat.

Plus, I find myself turning down the music anyway, so that I can hear more of the exhaust and supercharger whine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Or go get the radio update first, see how it does and go from there. Everyone who has gotten it lately says the system now sounds how it should have from the beginning

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Get your amp recall tsb updated at the dealership service dept first. I added a bass box long time ago but that was it. After the amp update it is now bad ass factory sound system

8. Hb hellcat

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you for the input.
    I will be keeping factory head unit and just upgrading everything downstream.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Doc Fluty

Doc Fluty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I have my build going on In This Thread if you want to follow along.

Your best choices are the Audison Bit One, Helix DSP Pro or the Mosconi 6to8 for adding an aftermarket system and keeping your head unit.

I bought the Audison.

There are others that are less expensive but you lose features like number of inputs and outputs, auto eq's, time aligning, graphic eq's, custom presets, remotes, ect

You can go with the popular best buy type simple speakers like rockford, kicker, alpine and whatever or you can go with high end brands such as Focal, Arc Audio, Brax, Hybrid Audio, Morel, Mosconi, Illusion Audio, ect.... it all comes down to budget and goals.

Also, there is no "best options for our particular bodies and systems"... you put in the best components you can afford, place them in optimal positions, build a rock solid installation with quality sound deadening and materials and then tune them specifically for the Challengers unique interior and speaker placements with DSPs like the Audison, Helix or Mosconi for your particular taste in music.

For example, a JL 12w7 sound a lot different than a 8" Morel Ultimo ti... Funny thing is that 12" JL w7 costs about the same at that 8" morel ti... so money isn't a factor, space and type of audible outcome is.

if you wanted thunderous bass for hip hop it isn't even a question.. you pick the JL and throw a bunch of watts at it in a ported box. But if you want to save your trunk space and listen to country, you pick the morel ti and put it in a small sealed box and become thrilled.

So you can go the easy way and replace the factory speakers with same size brand name units and power them from new amps with high ins.... or go bigger like i am and have custom made a-pillars, doors and full trunk build.

Some people are cool with 500hp srt challengers... some want hellcats.

Some people are cool with slightly upgraded stereos... some want a live concert experience.

it all comes down to your desires and budget.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Hb hellcat

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you for your reply, this is exactly what I was looking for.
    Your build is looking awesome! Now I'm getting some ideas of what I'm hoping to achieve with my baby.