Which feels more violent on 30-60mph pulls

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Roddo, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Roddo

Roddo Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was wandering from people who have ridden in both the a8 and m6 challenger HC which of the two feels more violent and seems to pull harder on 30,40,or 50mph rolls. Strictly seat of your pants feeling. Are they about the same or is there one that feels much stronger?

2. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A8 owner here,

The A8 would keep you pushed back throughout the pull, The manual would kick you back a few times between the gear changes as the driver hits the clutch to change gears. The A8 shifts so fast your body doesn't have a chance to come back for another punch into the seat. The manual allows you to be repeatedly punched and legally be able to charge the car with assault.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Couldn't say it any better. Very well written

4. themarshall

themarshall Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    A8 here, third & fourth gear snap my neck every time, I keep going back for more! Damm!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ppowell1983

ppowell1983 BANNED Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The A8 is a violent mofo that will punch you in the gut continually through 150 MPH...

6. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ive owned both M6 and A8 and ill tell you the A8 is way more violent. The m6 is like a bear hug. Grabs you and pulls you. The A8 straight up punches you. I never worried about flooring my M6 however giving the A8 more than half throttle isn't very necessary haha. 3/4 your like wow. Honestly 3/4 on the a8 feels like full throttle on the M6. Floor the A8 it will scare you. It screams, slaps you, and makes you question why the hell you just did that. In my opinion which should be valid since i have owned both cars.... the A8 is just the better car performance wise. All the numbers, all the press releases were numbers off the A8. Without thousands of dollars in mods....you won't see an m6 in the 10s

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. ppowell1983

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I could not have said it better myself.

8. Roddo

Roddo Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks that is exactly what I wanted to know! I went for a ride in a a8 by an owner that has driven it for 15k miles. He spends a lot of time at the dragstrip and he left nothing on the table when he took me for a ride. I could not believe how the car pulled. I just wanted to make sure I would get that same feeling out of the m6. After reading these reviews I decided today not to get the m6. I actually bought, paid and signed all paperwork last friday on a 2016 pcp m6 HC .I was supposed to pick it up later this week. I called the general manager of the dealership today and told him I am not picking up the m6 HC I want an a8 period. To say he was upset is an understatement, but I know I made the right choice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. shooter45

shooter45 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    damn my M6 sounds like a 6 cylinder after reading these reviews...Ill never drive my slow m6 again

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No need to get sassy its just the difference of the 2. The m6 is an awesome car. Fun to drive. However owning both im glad i have the A8. It is ALWAYS in the powerband and how fricken quick it drops a gear, slams you back, then hear the ever so quick blaaap shift sound. Its insane. They literally felt like 2 different cars. 1 thing i noticed with the A8 and idk if others have but u can quickly tap the gas and pull off...literally just a tap it will rev the car up and hold it in a higher rpm ready for take off

11. hellzya

hellzya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Im a fan of sticks and only ever owned a sports/muscle cars in stick. Coming from the old school mindset that it's the best way to milk everything out of a car I'll say you made the right choice. I went on a limb based on a lot of reviews and got the A8 and LOVE it!!!!

12. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great choice Roddo.....really can't go wrong either way though! It still amazes me how quick you reach triple digit speeds in a matter of mere seconds.

13. ppowell1983

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'll give you $15,000 for it. That should be a good down payment for the ultimate Hellcat.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. shooter45

shooter45 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    lmao if my comment was sassy your sense of humor SUCKS..Ease up its all in fun

15. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just have seen too many folks around here get so worked up over the m6 vs a8 debate. There's a few of us like myself that have had m6s and traded in for a8s. The m6 crowd gets riled up and freaks out over people saying the a8 is a better performer. I don't think there's 1 single person who's had both that would say the m6 out performs it. However I've seen many many many m6 owners who have never even rode in, let alone driven an A8 hellcat sit there and talk $hit and defend their car saying they don't care about .5 to .75 seconds difference. Ill tell ya 1 thing.... thats a huge gap when running 125 to 127 mph. Love my A8