who decides how allocation is applied?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by 707hpcharger, Mar 2, 2015.

1. 707hpcharger

707hpcharger Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If a dealer qualifies for and gets1 HC powered allocation, and they have several challengers and chargers on order in BX, how is it decided if it will be a Charger or challenger? And does the dealer dictate which order is picked up or is it done by FCA with no say from the dealer?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    707...your question is valid. Have discussed this in the past and I haven't seen a definitive answer yet. I would hope that it gets applied to the oldest order in the system...sold customer order that is...Chally or Charger..shouldn't matter...the oldest should get the alloc. Seems only right!

3. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like an allocation is for a 1 Hellcat engine product. Not sure how or if Vipers are in the mix, I think they are a separate allocation. By the way I would not even consider ordering a Hellcat from a Dodge Dealer that does not have the SRT line.

4. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why not? The dealer I purchased mine from rarely sells SRT products. What's the difference?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CivilEngineer42

CivilEngineer42 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This what my dealer did.......In September they tried to order 14 HC Challengers........When they got told "NO" by Chrysler they cleared out all orders and gave us all a spot on the waiting list.........When they were allocated a car they called and put the order in.......That way there was no confusion on who was going to get a Hellcat..........And there was no way for one to get picked over another............

6. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You would think but it has not had a positive influence in getting allocations for Hellcats that I can see....

7. 70Cuda

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

1). experience with the product,
    2). specialized trained techs,
    3). specialized tools,
    4). access to sales materials

Maybe your dealer has SRT just doesn't sell that many.

8. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks, from what I've heard on this forum most dealers are clueless on the Hellcat. My dealer was well informed. They do have a tech that has some SRT factory training, he did the PDI on the car. As far as specialized tools can you elaborate and all sales material that was available on the Hellcat my dealer had. All that said, the only SRT product they have ordered and sold in the last 9 months is my Hellcat. It's not their business model or a focus for them.

9. Hugh Jorgan

Hugh Jorgan Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Who decides how allocation is applied you ask?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That would be more logical!

11. 70Cuda

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Its probably more marketing than anything else but they have brochures and access to the reps so they know where they are at with the process ( of allocation ) the information from my dealer was spot on from day one. There are others here that can tell you about the training and tools.

I did have a huge problem with my Viper. I got a Ram 2500 truck from a different dealer ( non SRT), they found out I had a Viper. They gave me a free oil change ( for the Viper). So ( stupid me ) I took the Viper in for the "free" oil change. The ( non Viper tech call him dumb A$$) did not wipe the excess oil from the frame and it leaked on my floor once I got home. He also decided to check the fluid level in the rear end and cross threaded the drain Plug???? It is a plastic type plug. So my 2 month old Viper stunk up my garage with 90 weight rear fluid smell. I had to trailer the car into a real SRT dealer and have it repaired. There was some negotiating with them so I did not have to pay for a new drain plug. which by the way is more expensive than you would think. He also scratched the frame of the Viper when he improperly put it on the lift. I don't think he knew the proper way to close a hood on a Viper either because there were greasy finger prints all over the hood.

So I did not mean any thing harsh to you but I have a bad experience with non SRT dealers and SRT products.
    Sadly if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. My Viper never went to another place for service again, I did all my own at my buddys shop at night after hours.

12. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Exactly why the dealer will never lay his hands on my car unless absolutely necessary. I do all my own maintenance, always have and always will. The dealer will only see the car for a warranty issue or recall. Thx for your perspective.

• Winner Winner x 1