who has Harry's lap timer and what hardware are you using? Poll, do we need a thread for this?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Racing Forum' started by carcass, Apr 24, 2016.

?

Who would like a data/video acquisition forum/sticky thread?

1. yes

2. no

3. whats that?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. carcass

carcass Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I did a search on here for Harry's lap timer and found a couple posts in some threads, but didn't find any dedicated data acquisition threads.
    If they are here please point me in the right direction.
    Who has Harry's lap timer and what hardware are you using?
    which OBD port data collector? and why?
    does anybody also use an external GPS device?
    How do you link to your Iphone and are you using a gopro as well?
    That's four devices to think about,
    GPS device
    OBD port scan tool
    GoPro camera
    Iphone
    How do you use the phone, can you control the gopro from the phone with the wifi gopro app and still collect data with Bluetooth from the OBD scan tool for telemetry?
    a good forum or sticky thread could be made just for video and data acquisition maybe?

2. RedCelicaTRD

RedCelicaTRD Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have Harry's but I haven't used it in a track setting. I just got it and a GoPro a few months ago and did a little bit of playing around. I had set up my iPhone 6S as the "main" unit and tried getting my iPhone 5 to be an additional camera using the MultiCam app. Unfortunately that feature no longer works and it's very difficult to pair the phones together for more then a few minutes, if you can get them to work at all. Harry said a year ago he was going to work on that problem on the next major release, which came out months ago, and the iPhone feature still doesn't work reliably. I haven't noticed if he says it will be fixed in version 21.

As for the GoPro, I got a Hero5 Black which Harry's doesn't currently support. There is a beta for version 21 which might come out next month that Harry says might have a working Hero5 setup. He said v21 will "probably add support, but that's not committed yet." Since mine doesn't work I can't help much with the GoPro/OBDII question.

As for the OBDII, I am using a Kiwi 3. I bought it since it is made for iOS and works well with other apps like Dash Command. I do not have a GPS unit but I would like to add the SkyPro XGPS160. The XGPS160 updates at 10Hz which will be plenty for my use and is only $130.

3. TrackDay

TrackDay Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are other threads that list combos some of us are using.
    I use Track Addict with a OBDLinkLX and a GoPro Hero Session. It gives me easy, synched operation of the GoPro and my phone camera.

4. theRealJA105

theRealJA105 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I also use Track Addict and OBDLinkLX, but don't currently link to a GoPro, just use my phone.

5. 527KW

527KW Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am using Harry's with an Automatic OBD connected over Bluetooth. No GoPro, but possibly looking to add in the future. Using with my IPhone 5s. Using the phone GPS. Found this to be a pretty inexpensive setup to quickly get interesting data and videos for the track days. Using the phone video does create memory issues, so I have to purge the videos each event.