Who has ordered 2016 ?? Info and Tracking Progress Here

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by currybob, Jul 17, 2015.

1. currybob

currybob Bob

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am new here so hope I get this done right. Been reading some good info and appreciate the knowledge base here.

Has anyone else gotten on a dealers list to order a 16??

I've gotten so tired of people asking me if my car was a Hell Cat and for a few other reasons, I got my name on 2016 list to order one. Can't believe I'm doing that but hey, you only go around once and I have absolutely loved my SRT.

Good thing is I got the number 1 spot on the list and they sell at MSRP. Bad thing is they only had 8 HC allocations for the 2015 model. So first one they order will be mine

Guess I will be looking for a good home for my 15 SRT in about 4 months or so.

Read they are starting to include moon-roofs now on the HCs but have not found anything about a price increase.

My Build will be

Ivory peral tri-coat
    A8
    Roof if available
    probably will just go with the stock leather (still debating the laguna sepia)

Any new info on the 16 wheels and ordering info appreciated.

This is what I have found so far--

- upgraded UConnect features for 2016 (Five big updates for 2016 Uconnect 8.4 FCA Corporate Blog

Confirmed dates from RS...

2015 Production End: September 18
    2016 Order Banks Open: August 17
    2016 Production Begins: September 21

Also these are the colors for 2016 from my source, not sure if all will be available for the HC.

B5 Blue Pearl Coat
    Billet Metallic
    Bright White
    Go Mango (late availability)
    Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat
    Ivory Tri-Coat Pearl
    Jazz Blue Pearl
    Maximum Steel Metallic
    Pitch Black
    Plum Crazy Pearl (late availability)
    Redline Tri-Coat Pearl
    TorRed Clear Coat

I started a ordering data tracking link, that everyone can enter their own information to and everyone can go to and see their status, along with others that have ordered 16s.

2016 VIN tracking - Google Sheets

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Phisco65

Phisco65 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I'm on an MSRP Dealer's 2016 list. #1 with 3 2015 orders ahead of me as of 7/9.

3. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome. Obviously you are patient guy signing up for a Hellcat order. I've had a 2015 on order since last Nov. Didn't think the car would get built so ordered another 2016 last month from a different dealer. Both at MSRP. Just found out my '15 is gong to build, so as soon as it gets into production I'll cancel the '16 order. I know RS is a great source for information, but my dealer just old me yesterday that according to the Area Rep for FCA, 2016 ordering is going to get pushed back until late Sept. My car on order is Redline Red w/ Sepia Leather, A8 & BM wheels, U Connect. BTW - when we tried to add the sunroof option that I've wanted since day one, the Rep said it would kick the order out of line. So I guess still no US sunroofs?

4. currybob

currybob Bob

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm glad you at least finally got one getting built for you!! Your build sounds gorgeous, I think the 16s will have the ability to order with the moon roof.

It all basically comes down to the dealers Allocations and where you sit in line for his allocations. I don't mine waiting till Dec or even Jan but hoping for Dec. I think I have a good shot with this dealer plus being first on the list for 16s.

I tried the dealer search for several weeks and just got feed up with all the premiums being added. Also really would like to have the roof so looked like waiting on a 16 was better than paying $5k more to get one now and drive 300 to 500 miles to get it.

I won't be suffering too bad, at least I have my 2015 SRT to drive in the mean time. LOL

I just can't believe I'm doing this. I was totally happy with my SRT but that cat kept winking at me. Part of getting older I guess, I don't want any regrets and while I can get top dollar for my SRT I figured I would take the plunge.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wasn't trying to start any rumors about the start of MY2016 production, just passing along what my dealer told me yesterday after talking to the desert/mountain area rep about new orders. He claims delayed until late Sept. but who knows, FCA seems to be in a constant state of confusion.

6. tjohnson

tjohnson Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I've only heard that ordering opens up August 17, and production starts September 21. Maybe RS can provide some information, wherever thou may be.:D

7. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's exactly the info that I had and was going by, including MY2015 production ending on 9/18. But this FCA rep claims that since they've had so many production problems with the '15's, they were going to extend the model run a bit. Anybody's guess, I guess? One thing about FCA, it's all subject to change. I'm just glad they are going to build my car, even if it's without the sun roof I wanted.

8. sledguy

sledguy SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    FYI~no one has ordered a 2016 Hellcat. Being on a reputable dealers list for 2016 is a good thing but as we have learned over the last 10 months is not a guarantee of anything but a potential source of anxiety.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. tjohnson

tjohnson Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    For my own personal greed, I hope they don't extend it lol. I already got screwed in March when they stopped the orders. I literally went to the dealership to submit my order the same day they shut down the order banks. Part that sucks about it was that the Charger HC order banks were not open for too long, maybe 3 months at the most. The faster they start production on 2016's, the faster I can get my car lol.

Glad you are getting your car though!

10. ResumeSpeed

ResumeSpeed Platinum Member Agent 707

Donate to this user:
    Donate money to this user
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Challenger ordering is still scheduled to open on either 8/13 or 8/17. Hellcat models **could** open on those dates or after.

9/21 is still the launch date for 2016 Challenger models. Hellcat models **could** start on that date or after.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. tjohnson

tjohnson Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Boooo. Well hopefully the Hellcat ordering opens up at the same time. This wait is killing me lol.

Do you know if there are any plans on doing what they did with the 2015 HC, in regards to opening up the Charger orders later than the Challenger? That is definitely going to kill my spirit lol.

12. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks RS, you're always the guy with the best answers. Either way, I think I'm covered now. Although I don't have a VIN yet, I've got all the email correspondence between my dealer and the area rep. and it looks good any time now for the '15. If not, I've got a pre-order with a reputable dealer that got 6 allocations for 2015 and I'm #3 on the list for 2016 when FCA starts accepting orders.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. terryturner

terryturner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm #1 at one dealer that had 15 hellcats delivered this year so far and #2 at a different dealer that delivered 7 this year. I figd it'd be a good idea to put down 2 deposits seeing how many ppl are still waiting from day 1. Only $3K total for both deposits and both msrp deals. Unfortunately I'm thinking I may downgrade from my raptor to make the wife a little more accepting but it's guna happen regardless. One ride and she'll get over it lol.

14. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anyone wants to share Dealer information (contact info) for 2016 hellcat. I'd like to put my name on the list too (MSRP - I ain't any extra lol)

15. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have my 2015 hellcat it's a great car lots of fun driving it . You will get the best info on the hellcat here its been really sad for some people on there orders I feel bad for those that had so much trouble . I also had a problem with one dealer but I moved on quick to find one with a vin nu and got the car when the dealer said I would I was very happy with the buy which was sticker . My advice is stay in touch with this forum you will get very good advice from these members . They do tell it like it is no sugar coating here . Stay in touch and you will get the info you need . You want be disappointed with the hellcat very nice car . I do have the Laguna seats and I like them . All my cars are bought with leather seats so I like the leather I'm sure other members will comment on the seats and other info you need good luck with your orders on the hellcat