Who here plans on SELLING their HELLCAT?

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by ChargerChallenger, Jun 29, 2016.

1. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Just curious to know who the true (die hard) Hellcat owner is and the not so much owner is. It seems we have an occasional abandon Hellcat forum member and have to wonder why? For me the Hellcat is the most AWESOME, affordable, practical, beautiful, luxurious, fuel miser LOL (driven mildly), attention getter, family outing (especially the Charger), all around fun and just smokes most production competitors. Yet we have some forum members dumping their Hellcat for something else LOL (u got to be kidding me) thinking they are actually making the correct decision. I personally just don't get it and wonder why would u even sign up on the Forum and even share with the Forum u have sold your Hellcat. And yeah I know all here have the right to do whatever the HELL they want. But let's go back 10 years ago and have an opportunity to buy the baddest ass production car (HELLCAT 707) and be affordable. And keep in mind 10 years ago 400HP was impressive and 500HP was radical. And tell all your friends u just picked up the baddest ever production car and a few months later u sell it for another ok Muscle car. And it ain't even close to what u had. I would not share this nor post it on the forums. And to each his own but as a HELLCAT owner who never dreamed when I was 20 years old in 1983 I would one day be able to buy a badder ass car than a 1970 Hemi Cuda with a 426 motor and 425HP. And just think back then for the select few that traded those for a Corvette, CAMARO, Muatang...etc LOL
    So for all who took the time to read this lengthy posting please respond by posting Hellcat no I'm not selling or I'm letting her go.
    And no offense to anyone here, cause I am just a true MOPAR nut and luv my HELLCATS and fortunate to own them.

And these are just some of my MOPARS and but of course my HELLCATS
    image.jpeg

And this is my fist Cuda I could find and afford when I was 20 years old and my true MOPAR beginnings.
    1972 340 4 speed pistol grip with 3:55 rear
    image.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Remembering to never say never...

I will never sell my HC...

:cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jettster

Jettster Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am not planning on selling mine for sure-but mine came from a guy who only drove it 900 miles in 18 months so his wife talked him into selling/trading it for a car he would daily drive-fortunately I have another car for those bad weather days...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CanHP

CanHP Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    not planning on selling mine, never say never, but nothing on the inside telling me to do so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No way, but I do want another one! Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jackski64

Jackski64 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Where is the Tomahawk?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ironside

Ironside Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's not fair to say that anyone who "abandons" their Hellcat isn't a "true Mopar" fan, or whatever. Sometimes things change and a Hellcat just doesn't fit into a person's life. I've personally owned 8 SRT vehicles (I'm 30 years old). If I sell my Hellcat, do I hate SRT?

Sometimes a financial opportunity comes up and it's too tempting to resist. For example, shortly after I purchased my Hellcat here in Canada (for $64,000+tax) I was made a serious offer by someone who just couldn't get their hands on one and wanted MY EXACT car. They offered me $85,000!!! That was a quick chance to make a pretty good buck flipping a car that I had only owned a couple months.

That being said, after briefly considering it, I refused. I figured, I will always make more money, but I will NEVER get a chance to own another Hellcat.

Was that a smart decision? I'm still not sure... probably not. LOL

The Hellcat is expensive, and isn't something you can drive ALL the time in ALL conditions (especially in Canada) so I can DEFINITELY see people selling after having their fill. I can't guarantee I won't sell mine if the right circumstances present themselves. I'd love to SAY no, since my office at home is DECKED out with Hellcat merchandise, and I paid extra for a personalized "SRT HCAT" licence plate... but who knows!

Also, (again, in Canada) we only get a 3 year/60,000km warranty. The prospect of owning a warranty-less Hellcat is a scary thought. I'm no expert, but when I pop my hood or look around inside my car, everything looks MIGHTY expensive to repair. I'm also not prepared to give Chrysler $4,000+ to extend my warranty a couple years, just in CASE something fails.

Anyhoo, that's just my opinion. Carry on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Markp

Markp Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Club Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hellcat is going nowhere. This is a for life vehicle for me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 4510

4510 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've already traded in my first Hellcat on a brand new DRW F350.

I am currently driving my second Hellcat which I bought used.

10. TheBeaSSt

TheBeaSSt Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oh Lordy, I'd be lucky if I actually keep (or get to keep) this fantastic car. My intentions are to keep this car, if I can afford it long run. I think if I can afford it and there are no problems there is no reason to get rid of it. The only car that might tempt me is the upcoming Corvette. That would probably be the only reason I'd get rid of it, but I don't think I'd trade for a regular Stingray or Z06, which are both awesome. I don't care about exotics. Maybe I'd trade it in for a dart and cash in on the rest. The future will tell. I am definitely not brand loyal though, I think all of the brands have something sweet to offer, especially now. I prefer Chevys though. My DD is a Chevy SS.

11. SRT Fan

SRT Fan Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If I can order one the way I want it in the next couple of years before they evaporate for good, I'll trade mine in or sell it...

I am seriously torqued that Dodge did not contact existing SRT owners and simply provide us with an order sheet – providing a straightforward, no nonsense way to get in line for a Hellcat.

Perhaps they will do that for current Hellcat owners this time around… Who knows?

I know I hide it well but this really gripes me… Just think how much Brand Loyalty for Dodge Brothers Products would have been enhanced.

That is one area the Chevrolet has covered, hands down with the Corvette. They’ll build as many as are ordered… You can have your name front and center in a personalized owner’s name plaque… You can even go participate in the engine assembly (yes, I would have signed up for that in a heartbeat on a Hellcat, if offered, and traveled to the Saltillo, Mexico engine manufacturing plant)… and, if so desired, take delivery at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky. That would have been kind of a nice set of Bucket List items to check off.

Yes, I considered the Z06 – despite the unending Brand X abuse I would have taken from family and friends. But it was a little too ugly and way too expensive in Z07 form, so I stayed with the much more well-rounded Challenger we know and love – trading my SRT8 in on the Hellcat. But this may well be the last performance car I live long enough to buy and I should have been able to order it exactly as I wanted it configured. In fact, we are way into the 21st Century and we should have been able to go on-line, pre-order the car… and even watch it being built via the web.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NoCoHC

NoCoHC Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't see myself selling it, but I've had other cars I didn't think I would sell either. The two I miss the most are my 86 Grand National and my 1970 K5 Blazer. This car is special and I'm glad I have the chance to own one. Whether it will last forever is hard to say.

13. carcass

carcass SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If a lighter similar dodge comes out, I will take the value hit and get the faster one in a second.
    Keep pushing the envelope Mopar, I'm on board with technology advancements

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. thedynoguy

thedynoguy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    the only way I'd get rid of mine right now is if FCA actually does make the Grand Cherokee Hell Cat. I could never justify having both but the GCHC looks like it would be a fun whip...

• Like Like x 1
  15. cleankat

cleankat SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I plan to sell mine when the Jeep Hellcat comes out. I love my Cat but I have no car allegiances, if I want something I'm gonna get it, variety is the spice of life.

• Like Like x 1