Who is using Mickey Thompson Street Comps?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Wheels and Tires' started by HCone, Jan 9, 2016.

1. HCone

HCone Gold Member

Dec 4, 2014
    upper center middle of no where
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just ordered a new set of replica rims 20x9X20 for front and 20X10X18 for rear

I am thinking I will go with Mickey Thompson Street comps, 275-40 on front and 305- 35 for rear

For those of you using them, how are they for traction and rain use.

I had M/T drag radials on and got caught in the rain one day, and damn near had a head on with them.
    I may as well have been on ice.
    I never drive in the rain and realize the DR's are for dry only, but weather here can change quick and storms can roll in unforecasted.

So I think I may try the Street Comps depending on feedback, I will keep my stock rims with P zeros and tuck them away for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Unfortunately I can't offer any actual experience with the street Comps whereas I don't have the car yet, actually according to SRT it's actually being today!:) ---- however, I can offer some feedback from folks who have swapped out their P zero summer tires in favor of them and the reviews consistently validate them as a better tire in terms of traction and quietness and equally as good in rain. As far as looks go; well IMO they are totally outstanding!!!
    I can also add I found nothing but positive feedback with just about everybody ---------- and that's based on many hours checking out reviews.
    I decided to go with 275-40-20 for the backs whereas they are very close to the stock diameter and are almost a full inch wider than P Zero Nero's which will give the car a slightly beefier look. I also decided to retain the P Zero Nero's for the front whereas I do NOT want a summer tire in the front because it picks up too many small rocks flinging them for quite a distance on the paint.
    I'm sure you know that Street Comps are NOT drag radials, so not the way to go at the track for maximum capability; however, for the street they will provide better traction than most any summer tire.

Good luck !