Who would like an Aftermarket Hellcat Clutch Sticky thread?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by carcass, Jan 2, 2016.

?

Who would like an Aftermarket Hellcat Clutch Sticky thread?

1. yes

92.9%
  2. no

7.1%
  3. its allready here (please post a link to the thread and describe what it provides)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. carcass

carcass SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Who would like an Aftermarket Hellcat Clutch Sticky?
    I keep reading clutch threads for the M6 Hellcats and am trying to filter out the available information. I think it would be nice to have a Sticky thread just for aftermarket clutches and who has used them, hopefully moderated to limit chatter (get it?, clutch chatter lol) that could make the thread so long it would be hard to read it all for newcomers or guests looking for information on the web.
    My cars stock clutch makes a whining noise under heavy engagement before the pedal is all the way out now, with only 1200 miles, I've been driving manuals my whole life and have yet to launch the car with drag radials, not to excuse myself the responsibility of poor technique just that I'm very disappointed in what the experience with this clutch has been.
    The threads I'm reading are long and full of who has had a clutch fry, who has had a stock clutch last with no problem, who has gotten what dealer to install a replacement under warranty at what mileage and how they convinced dodge or Srt to do it, and who has gotten a dealer to pay for part or all of an aftermarket unit, and who has said heck with the Dodge clutch and went with an aftermarket at their own expense.
    But none of the threads seem to just provide straight up information on what clutch works and on what surface or under what type of use, and how long the aftermarket clutch could be expected to last and if street driving is compromised.
    Or just exactly what aftermarket clutches are even available at what price, there seems to be some mystery as to how different the clutch is to a standard SRT8 clutch and what components are compatible.
    please advise if this could be a needed thread.
    If you think the information is already here and feel the need to respond with the standard "use the search engine" thread answer, I would more than appreciate your consideration as to the actual necessity of this thread, and how it could affect the internet search engines as well.
    I'm going to need a clutch and others will too.
    interested?

• Like Like x 2
  2. carcass

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dang I was hoping some folks with aftermarket clutch experience would chime in here with what they've found.

• Like Like x 2
  3. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

The aftermarket clutches are just getting installed... Plus the fact not many people are driving right now, is the reason there isnt more feedback... Good idea though

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 007

007 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I put a bad boyzz clutch in mine, so far it's been great, clutch pedal, feel and pressure close to stock. His clutches have been holding up great in competition vipers for years. But mine was his first hellcat clutch, but I'm pretty sure , he has sold a bunch since then. He is on the forum as a vendor

5. carcass

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm going to link what I see for sale here in this thread, if its repetitive, maybe finding it in one area would be easier.
    Mcleod twin disc clutch complete with flywheel, discs, and pressure plate. $1589.00
    McLeod RXT 1200 Twin Disk Clutch (2015 Manual Challenger Hellcat) - 6975-07HD
    '
    ram clutches 15.00 pound aluminum flywheel for Hellcat 499.99
    http://www.modernmusclextreme.com/p-77-hellcat-performance-aluminum-flywheel.aspx
    '
    Badd Boyzz Garage clutch setup (sorry for the repost but the pictures are so good its worth it)
    Bad Boyzz Billet Hell Cat Clutch Kits | SRT Hellcat Forum
    '
    Please post anything you find online, information about the difference between the SRT8 and the Hellcat clutch would be cool too.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. pcpcat2016

pcpcat2016 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'll be soon needing a clutch replaced. Lots of smell and shudder when engaging first. Dealer said it needs replacing and ordered one. Waiting for "Dr appointment". Sure would like to hear this thread continue so I can decide if aftermarket is necessary or I just got a bad stock install?