WHOLE LOTTA LOVE

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by VAL, Feb 2, 2016.

1. VAL

VAL Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I cannot believe how much attention these cars get. I traded in my Atomic Orange C6 Z51 for this car and the vette used to get some looks, but nothing like the B5 Blue Challenger. I'm kind of surprised how many people even know what they are. I can't wait for summer when bikers and other car guys are out and about and I get to take it to the car shows.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mad_srt

mad_srt Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Get used to it - happens all day every day. Kind of fun but there are times when it gets old.

PS, great correct choice.

3. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the top of the world! You now on rock star status. :D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. VAL

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, my wife said it "popped" and I had to agree. But they are all beautiful. Brutish, beastly beauties.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. VAL

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, I really feel you can drive this car anywhere, be surrounded by cars that cost twice as much and still be on top of the world. American muscle, pretty hard to beat.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Have lots of FUN!!

7. Peter Gozinya

Peter Gozinya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on getting your car. I have a Sublime A8 but the B5 was definitely my other option. Hard for me to decide for sure, but no regrets.

The attention you are getting is just another "perc" in owning the car. Some may feel it is too much at times, I guess like a celebrity that gets sick of the papparazzi. LOL

Speaking of car shows. I was coming back from one in October, it was a beautiful day. I am cruising back home on 95 when up from behind comes a brand new white ZO6 with all the trimmings. We found a break in traffic and we both got on it. I had a jump on him as I was the lead car and he was trying to reel me in and he gained a bit but never could pass or shut the door on me. I held him off and kept him at bay.

When things calmed down I let him pull up and when I looked over the guy in the ZO6 had his camera out taking pictures of my car, and was like "That is the sickest F*#&$ng car!!" I was like very flattered considering the source and returned the compliment to him as well. We parted friends so to speak and he went off to try and take down some smaller game.

It was then that I knew or should I say it confirmed to me how "special" the Hellcat is. I already knew it was special and had to go to hell and back to even get my 2015. Regards.

• Like Like x 1
  8. VAL

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome story!!! I love it. Thanks for sharing. :) :)

9. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great story Peter... I went to a car show last summer... got there late and was the only HC... Yeah it was like being a Rockstar. Everyone just surrounded the car within minutes.

10. Peter Gozinya

Peter Gozinya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL Yeah you know how it is!! I have only had mine since this Sept. and I can write a book already. OK here is another quick one. Not as dramatic but I think it speaks to special factor of the car.

I am in the middle of town on say Main St. I am the first car stopped at a traffic light. To my right is gang of like 14 year old kids on their mountain bikes / bmx bikes waiting to cross the road. It starts with "WOW!! look at that!!" , "Hey Mister, NICE car!!!" etc. etc.

So I get the green light and I take a left heading down the side street to the entrance to Super Stop and Shop. The kids start to follow me on their bikes. I have like pack of kids chasing the car. The kid in the front pops a wheelie and is just like riding it behind my car all the way down the road. Like he was celebrating the car. I had a F(*$#ing entourage following me. It was a little embarrassing in a way getting so much attention. I mean how many cars do you know can bring out that pure joy and emotion in someone.

We are all probably like that in a way, that being car enthusiasts. Sometime, somewhere we saw "that car" and the love affair with the automobile started. Be safe when driving and keep in the back of your mind knowing this car's potential, because there would be nothing worse than to make a mistake and wad your beautiful Hellcat up. And be the talk of the forum. Don't be that guy or gal!!! Enjoy.

11. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Haha even at the track i get tons of attention too. I actually missed 1 of my time trial passes because i had a crowd around the car and people asking questions non stop. Good thing these beasts are consistent and i knew my dial time would be 11.16 anyway haha.

12. blaze

blaze ☆★✪ The Watcher ✪★☆ Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i have noticed that doing a little street racing when you have that opportunity and stretch in traffic, the American muscle guys always want to roll down the window and compliment each other and say "hey nice car" whereas the import guys just give you this smug look.. not even a thumbs up.. anyone else notice this? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. buddyg

buddyg Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just in the last week I've had 2 different people taking pics/videos or just rolling the window down to hear the exhaust.

When I was at the track last year it was very popular and people couldn't believe it was running 10.8 stock (daily driven drag radials)

• Like Like x 1
  14. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Got a thumbs up from m5... That's it!! Everyone else rolls down and words are exchanged!! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dodge and SRT should get some of the credit for the cars popularity. My 24 year old son ask me if I had ever seen the Phil Collins/no more predators commercial. I responded, yeah, at least a hundred times. These nationally televised commercials have helped make the car a rock star.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1