Why are colors and options different on Charger and Challenger Hellcat?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Fire Frog, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Fire Frog

Fire Frog Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    On Dodge's website, I can option B5 Blue AND Brass Monkey wheels on the Charger. Can't do either on the Challenger. WTF?

2. Chris Salter

Chris Salter Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You can get B5 Blue and Brass Monkey Wheels I order mine with both. The B5 Blue is not a published color option, but the Brass Monkey are.

3. Fire Frog

Fire Frog Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Where? I can't order them on a challenger.

4. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Order banks differ, sometimes one day to the next, sometimes it seems there's no rhyme or reason. When I ordered, I saw some different options, than what others saw one day prior! Also, some features are mysteriously not showing up, when a different option is selected (I saw when I had an auto trans selected the red seatbelts didn't appear orderable, unless I didn't select the red/black seats, for just one example) I also heard of some combos not available with a certain exterior color as well, so maybe try again, or try with a different car color and see if the other option pops up, gotta prioritize, I guess, to get what you want most, or try again later and maybe have different results! (When I ordered, I never saw B5 blue as a choice, but briefly I DID see brass monkey wheels, then that changed too...)

5. Chris Salter

Chris Salter Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just asked my dealer if B5 Blue was an option and he called his regional rep. and it was so we ordered it. I think Brass Monkey Wheels came available in the January allocation. I have a VIN number so I think everything is good.

6. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    HI Chris, I too think you should be good. Some folks, even in Jan, were reporting that they couldn't order brass monkey for their Challenger Hellcat, so it does seem there is some unexpected randomness or perhaps glitchiness, but if you get what you want (or at least most of it!) and get a VIN, they you should get what you expect (unless you chose something overly satanic on an already hellish vehicle, such as a satin black hood!)

• Like Like x 1