Why not let Dodge know how you feel?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Paladin06, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Email Dodge

2. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    emailed a letter talking about dropping the allocation nonsense.

3. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I really don't GAS about allocations. I just wish they would build and deliver the damn cars.

4. RammJaeger

RammJaeger Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My main problem is lack of a working communication channel. SRT customer service never seems to know anything, or have any useful information. Sunroofs get dropped from existing orders, and no information why is given (other than "we weren't ready yet"). Cars sit in D1 status for months with no idea when they will be built. Black hood cars get held up, nobody knows for how long. If Dodge just had a communication channel that we could ask and get answers to that would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I totally get that, since your car is built so allocation stuff matters not to you, I'm awaiting a VIN so that's the only thing I care about. One day we will both be driving our beasts and smiling the whole time....just take getting an ulcer before we can play

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Paladin06

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm really considering just flipping the thing after all this. It has not set well with me. I tend NOT to forget.

7. Texas Joe

Texas Joe Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have voiced my candid thoughts to dodge several times and will continue to do so. They kinda brought this on themselves and we are paying for it. I don't mind waiting, I would just like to be informed as much as possible and actually feel like I'm valued as a customer, specifically a first time dodge customer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Paladin06

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'd disagree but there is no icon.

9. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

Most here are valuable multi car Dodge/Chrylser customers. If you ignore the problem it Won't go away. But your premier customers might?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Texas Joe

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just got off the phone with SRT and the dealership. Nothing. Frisco Dodge had 2 allocations, both sold cars although I'm not sure if they have taken delivery yet,prior to the second round that opened yesterday. What determines when they or any dealer will get more allocations?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Texas Joe

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I feel very similar... It is a special car. If you or I walked away, sure they would sell them no problem and no skin off of their back. I just think there could be a better way Dodge could keep us informed. Even if nothing changes, the fact that they reach out would go a long way with me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ATLHellcat

ATLHellcat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You may have heard in the past that SRT monitors these forums so they likely understand the frustration. Agreed that it is the lack of communication that is the issue. Keeping it in perspective though, Order banks opened 3mo ago yesterday. It is not uncommon for a brand new custom order model to take 6mo to be delivered. However, the best way to keep everyone happy is to share updates. If Dodge could let the dealers and SRT customer service no exactly why the hoods are delayed, just like the brass monkey wheels or sunroofs, I think we'd all be more understanding. Silence is the most frustrating thing.

Regarding allocations, there isn't really a better way to handle it right now. They are going to build maybe 1500-2000 till the end of the calendar year? That isn't bad but when you have orders placed for 5,000, it sucks for the other 3,500 buyers who want one NOW. That is why there are the market adjustments we see. If build capacity is as high as RS is saying though, supply will quickly catch up and exceed demand. They could be knocking out 800 cars a month as opposed to the 300 a month back in October. By this time next year, you may be able to pick up at a discount if that output continues.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    totally agree with everything you said but got to reiterate, "Silence is the most frustrating thing" Just tell us what is going on and what the plan is, how will the cars be build when they start building the Charger and do they still think all sold orders will still get filled? Things like that would go a long way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Texas Joe

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We are all part of an exclusive club with a benchmark vehicle in the auto industry so yes, just updates would be nice

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Needforspeed

Needforspeed Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was lucky here in Florida. The inventory control person for the dealership (person who actually places factory orders) told me in June to keep the car simple if I want to receive it in 2014. Simple meaning no satin hood, no sunroof, no all leather and base wheels. She was right. Car was ordered in September and I got a call the day after Thanksgiving that it was in Tampa. Apparently there were supply issues early in the process. But at this point "patience is a virtue". The car is an engineering accomplishment. The next best thing that I have personally owned and driven was the Buick GNX.

• Agree Agree x 1