Why not Make your Own?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Bossharp, May 16, 2015.

1. Bossharp

Bossharp Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have Cat fever...yep I have a bad, bad case. Since I sold my SRT 10 last fall I have been wanting another SRT then I found out about the Hellcat in November! I am kinda shocked at the ordeal most enthusiasts have to go thru to get one. The more I research and look at what's happening at stealerships the more I wonder how hard it would be to make your own. If you order a new regular SRT Challenger how hard would it be to make your own Hellcat ? Is there' tuner' versions using a supercharger that come even close to the factory output of the Hellcat? Maybe from Hurst or someone like that? 707 horses is hard to get to but if you are spending $75,000.00 to $80,000.00 like I know some folks are I bet you could get close! More than anything is it's the waiting game to get one. .I have been looking for a thread where someone says I'll make one myself.

2. Brett M

Brett M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Found out in November? A bit late to the game don't you think?

3. Bossharp

Bossharp Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was very happy with my SRT 10 and since I was not in the market for a fast ride I just missed it....I had over 500 hp with the Viper truck (more hp than a new SRT) and I never thought Dodge would make any car but the Viper with that kind of power. I have to drive a auto and I knew the Viper would never get a automatic. . One reason why the SRT 10 held such a appeal to me was the fact it was the most powerful vehicle I could get and realistically own and drive. .

4. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The SRT10 was/is a brute. I was a Ford Lightning guy at the time and with a KB supercharger, pulley, was about 500hp also.

My friends and I would swap trucks and have a lot of fun with them. The SRT10's manual was a hand full to launch and many SRT10 drivers would end up seeing a stock Ls taillights even with 'only' 380hp.

A truck like the SRT10 with HC engine, A8 - damn that would be fun (not a Cherokee/SUV). Impractical as hell, but FUN.

A 392 Challenger/Scat Pack with a Ken Bell would be a lot of power/fun for the dollar I am sure also.

5. Brett M

Brett M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How much $ in mods do you think it will take to get a hellcat w/o warranty? Yes, it can be done, just a matter of how much $ you want to put into it over its life. As for a 500 hp SRT, my 12 SRT jeep was able to do that and still hold warranty.