Why not the Hellcat Challenger?

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by Mo-par!, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Mo-par!

Mo-par! Bone Stock Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hellcat Charger owners...I seriously thought about getting a Charger, but do not need four doors and went with the Hellcat Challenger 8A. However in some respects I like the lines of the Charger better.

What was the one reason you went Charger over Challenger?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. clickr

clickr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    There are several trains of thought here: Charger - wife and six dogs - people carrier when friends visit. Challenger - wife, no dogs, and when friends visit - "I guess we'll have to go in your car." I like the body lines of the Charger better and according to Dodge, it is faster.

When I get ready my choice will be the Charger.

cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. Q5Dart

Q5Dart Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why not get both?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Wayne

Wayne Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lets see some pictures of the dogs! There's a couple threads in the Off Topic section, regarding pets and many other folks on this site posted photos. I believe Blaze started one and Dr Buick started another. I don't know how to post a link to those threads. That kind of stuff is beyond me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat
    Record Holder
    Fastest HC Charger/Record Holder

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I own a 2010 SRT8 Furious Fuchsia Challenger, which I love.♡
    My husband Top Cat owns a Hell Cat Challenger.
    Me I decided to go with the Charger Hell Cat. I loved the new looks of the lines on the Hell Cat Charger.
    I wanted the 4 doors which comes from the fact of the 2010 SRT8 only allows passengers into the back seat from the passenger side, for that matter anything else too . Could even be a laptop. Although driving my husband's Hell Cat Challenger I found both sides are accessible.:)
    I loved driving his also.

But I also really enjoy having all the window sight the Charger offers.

But what makes it fun, when I'm at the track I always ask "anyone want a ride up to the staging lanes" ?
    Many times the back seat is full and they think it's :cool:

It's fast it's different and there are a lot less Chargers around.
    People really enjoy seeing my HC and many will remark "Wow this is the first HC Charger I've seen.
    Of course there are those that get really excited and start asking Are you are the one I've seen in the video?
    That's right I say!!:D:cool::D

Linda:)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Since this IS the Charger area, I hope this doesn't start a war!

1) Hellcat Charger A8 is the fastest configuration.

2) 4 doors make this a great family or anything car.

3) The Hellcat is FAR more rare. Even taking SRT 392 and Scat Pack Chargers into the mix, I'm still not likely to see another car like mine today. But I'll certainly see Challengers everywhere. Usually someone chimes in at this point and claims they saw eleventeen Charger Hellcats at the 7-11, but we all know the math and the Charger is a much more exclusive car.

4) By a narrow margin, I prefer the handling and ride of the Charger.

Basically...the Charger just feels more "special" to me. It's the more complete package, but if you feel like you don't need 700+ HP, I can also add that my 2015 SRT 392 Charger was an even more complete package as it retained more of the tech available for these platforms.
    The Challenger is the retro car and chases after the mythos of the muscle car, while the Charger is an angry M5 (and beats an M5 in many important respects). You can't go wrong on this.

Choose your poison and have fun!

Robert

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Agree with Linda...even at a local car show, many folks say "1st Hellcat Charger I've seen."
    This happens after as we approach the end of a 2nd year of production. I see more exotics than Hellcat chargers by a wide margin and I live and drive in the NY tri-state area.

This in itself doesn't make it a better car by any means....but if you enjoy exclusivity and maximum thumbs-upitude, the Hellcat Charger is the top-cat.

Robert

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I tried out both cars at the dealer and i could not get the seats adjusted so i could then get in the back seat of the Challenger. I am only 205 pounds so no heavy weight here.
    In the Charger i was able to do the seats and then open up the back door and get in the back and still had leg room. I am 5' 8''
    When i picked up my car in Toledo, my salesman got in the back seat. He was 6' 4'' tall and he had leg room behind me. That solidified my choice was right on!
    If those do not mean much to you. Then in one of the above posts says it well

Choose your poison.

You won't be sorry for either one. Your face will still be sore from grinning every time you drive it.

Oh yeah, carry bottles of water with you for the vehicle's voice that always tells me that i am over the posted speed limit. After a few hours of this I have to give her a drink or else she gets a sore throat...

Have fun, enjoy

Matt

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I almost went with the Hellcat Charger because I adore the new body style changes they made starting in 2015. After some hard consideration and test driving a few R/T Chargers, I decided to stay with my beloved Challenger. You will never know how close I came to the Charger though! I would love to have one of each, but it is simply not practical for Marty and I at this point in our lives. Who knows where we will be in 3-4 more years, though? Hmm ... food for thought! :D

April

• Like Like x 3
  10. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Buy the car you like. I just wanted a two door but like April I was enchanted by the looks of the Charger. If I was buying today I might just have flipped a coin to decide which...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My kids are smaller now. We have 5 year old twins and we currently fit. Eventually we will not all be able to be comfortable in the car she we have family time and cruise around. I would solely by s charger hellcat for that very reason now. But I wanted a challenger and bought one. I love the style and grace of the chall. I love the charger hellcat supercar having the same horsepower and convienence of s true four door car. Does it get any better than s four door hellcat. Can't think of a four door car that tops that

• Like Like x 2
  12. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Kowalski didn't drive a Charger.;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Mo-par!

Mo-par! Bone Stock Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm really enjoying the thorough responses, but really
    Since when is 196mph vs 202mph a deciding factor in reality, not just marketing?

If you mean 0-60, the driver matters more than the Hellcat....just saying

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Markp

Markp Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Club Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The only thing special about a 4 door sedan police cruiser is the Hellcat engine. Sorry I couldn't hold back. I am not a fan of the Chargers. The Hellcat Charger's are nicer then the regular ones though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Teo

Teo Judge Yooper

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Tomato's ---- ToMahtoe's both are quick rides!! Having had (2) SRT300's and (2) SRT Challengers to date -------- The Challenger still gets the thumb's up from Kids age 5 to 105! :cool: I spend 3x's as much time showing and explaining the Challenger Hellcat then I ever did with the 300's. :D

• Like Like x 1