Wider tires - Wheel flairs for Challenger (Pending?) - 20x11 rear 20x10 front

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Wheels and Tires' started by WormChizel, Nov 4, 2015.

1. WormChizel

WormChizel Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Take a look at the 4-wheel drive 450hp Challenger that hit the Sema Auto show. If one looks closely, the wheel flares are definitely an add on. It looks interesting. It maybe that these can be purchased after market for our 2015 Hellcats. From the article, they are running 20x11 rims on rear and 20x10 rims on front. It may be worth waiting for if you like the look. 4-wheel drive challenger.jpg

2. Garfield

Garfield Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hope you understand the amount of work required to retro something like that onto your car... You will have to cut out the existing freshly painted sheet metal, otherwise you would be gaining nothing but looks and not be able to use a wider tire.. After cutting the metal will be exposed.. Then needs to be rolled and crimped and repainted then the new flares installed then color matched.. You are talking pretty custom metal work. Now you could always hack job it like you would a 4wd beater.. Sawsall the sheet metal and just pop rip it or screw the new flares on.. But I don't see many people doing that on a $65-70g car..

Not trying to burst your bubble.. Just trying to inform you..

Would be nice to be able to put real rubber in these cars though.. We would start talking low 8-9sec 1/4's then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. WormChizel

WormChizel Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, I'm with you on that. It'll be interesting to see how they mounted them once they hit the floor.

If it's a serious body work job like you suggest, I'll likely wave off.
    I could just do it Alaska style and Duct tape plywood ones on after using wood screws and Gorilla Glue to fasten them to the body;)

That rear tire is the 'Fuse' in the powertrain. I would rather burn up a tire than blow a U-Joint.

4. Garfield

Garfield Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I joints are easy and way cheaper then a tire lol. Most times when building something to the extreme you purposefully pick a weak link.. Many times in racing or 4wheeling you pick the ujoint to be that link.. When using a flanged yoke it takes no more then a couple minutes to replace a $10 part.

5. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    looks nice