Wifey wants a Lexus GS F....

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by jd bearden, Jun 2, 2016.

1. jd bearden

jd bearden Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    She loves the supercharged whine but prefers normally aspirated...go figure. She also says it looks "pretty" and not on "a work release program" like the charger. Anybody have an experience with one of these?

2. BgAL

BgAL Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Clarify if you will - experience with pain the a$$ wife who wants a Lexus, or experience with the Lexus itself?

If the former, in 2013 mine told me she would divorce me if I traded in our Lexus and bought a Challenger - so I went out and bought a blacktop edition RT - unfortunately, 3 years later she is still here.

• Funny Funny x 13
  3. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The four door supercar charger is just that. Four door rockets and she has her choice of many good colors
    M

• Like Like x 1
  4. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You need to subscribe to this magazine... [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  5. clickr

clickr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have a Lexus, not the same model your wife wants ...and

#1: one setting suspension - kind of boring .
    #2: Lexus dealers about options: "that's what most people want", special order "ha ha" Only difference between 5 cars of the same make was the exterior color, and interior. All the options on each car were the same...same price except for the premium paint.
    #3: Quality is extremely good. Resale holds good value.
    #4: hundreds of them around if you like seeing other people drive your car. (very boring).
    #5: Lexus performance is "not that great" even if they say "450 HP", it not like you can go to a tuner with the Lexus like you can with a Toyota.
    #6: leased three Lexus, the seat leather sucks, the dye wears off very quickly and the leather wrinkles badly.
    #7: dealerships are like going into a Hilton, marble bathrooms, free drinks in the customer lounge, excellent warranty and service work (should be for the overage you pay for the "brand".
    #8: the gps really is "bad", my wife sticks her Garmin on the windscreen as a primary and uses the Lexus GPS as the backup it's that bad.
    #9: apps on the screen are useless. Phone bluetooth goes out unexpectedly . Most search functions for food, etc are turned off after the car starts moving. (Don't know about Dodge if theirs does this).
    #10: the service after the "free" oil changes is high in my opinion for what you get. Leased three within the last 5 years, dealer wants me to agree to a wheel alignment on each one during the first inspection. (ends up they can charge Lexus and book the $s., not that any of the cars needed it.) Makes me question their overall motive if/when mine needs something under warranty.

This being said: if I could get out of my current lease, I would have a HC Charger within a week.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's a good looking car, not directed at anyone choosing between a Hellcat and other cars though.

I looked at one because I like the aggressive styling, and performance is "ok", especially for a daily driver that the wife will be driving. But when I optioned one out on the Lexus website, it went over $80k. Sorry, this is a solid $60k, mayyyybe $65k car, certainly not worth $80k.

For $80k I would go back to Jaguar again. You could also buy a BMW M4 for $80k. Both are far superior in pretty much every conceivable way.

7. cleankat

cleankat SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My wife has an IS350 F Sport. It's a nice car, I don't drive it much because it isn't the most exciting thing to drive, but it's comfortable and safe for her, and the lease price was pretty stellar.

8. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf VIP Hellcat Member

Running hard ... in the Wasteland of my Mind.
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The only Lexus I'd get is the RX 350 I already have. Not impressed with the rest of their line. Weak tit at best ... :rolleyes:

If the memshibe has to have a ride that's stylistic in a sporty way, and at least semi-fast, get her a frickin' V-8 Pony.

Wouldn't be my first choice, but for her it'll do fine ... for those oh-so-important events like getting groceries and meeting her girlfriends at the mall. :D

9. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is the ugliest front end on a car I've seen in a long time.
    However if it is her car to drive let her get what she wants. You can always wear a mask if you have to be in it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My wife reads consumer reports and looks into those rated good.
    So for the last 13 years, she has had Toyotas. Freakin rice burners. But that is what she likes, not me.
    Make her happy and get her one. But as long as you have your cat, both can be happy.
    Have to admit, the Toyotas do great for her. But that is another thread.

Matt

11. M.D.

M.D. Car formerly known as Prince Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I love this description of a Charger. I can't say I fully agree but I have no problem driving a loud, obnoxious, stupid fast muscle car. If that reminds her of a "work release program" then sign me up!

12. NorCaletch19He77Kat

NorCaletch19He77Kat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    everyone is entitled to a mistake in life..

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. YLWJKT

YLWJKT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Lexus is a very overpriced Toyota.
    Is she looking at the 350 F or 450 F?
    For the 450F price point I'd go Jaguar, Audi or BMW, on a lease.

Back to the Lexus: Initial paint and fit and finish are excellent. Mechanical quality over 3-5 years is pretty good, although any normal wear stuff carries the Lexus tax. Interior quality and electronics are B+ at best.
    Exterior styling is uninspiring.
    It is a solid, dependable car though, and if that's what she wants, well....

I just thank God my wife is as much of a gearhead as I am. Her last 4 vehicles have been: SRT8 JGC, SRT8 Charger, supercharged Yellow Jacket Challenger and now a PCP Charger Hellcat.

14. NoCoHC

NoCoHC Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Isn't a Lexus made by Toyota? I always viewed them as Toyotas with fancy trim similar to Lincoln vs Ford. A friend of mine buys used models that are several years old with fairly low miles. The cars he has bought were driven very easy and were well taken care of. They were also relatively inexpensive. It's a good way to drive a nice luxury car on the cheap. Since they are Toyotas they are pretty reliable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hb hellcat

Hb hellcat Black Betty...BamAlam!!!

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My girl has the new rc-f. It's been a very nice car, handles very well and goes pretty good. She ran 13.5 at Fontana her very first time drag racing. ( mine ran 11.2).
    Pretty impressive for a Lexus in my opinion.
    Get the torque vectoring differential if you can (order if you must). Makes a huge difference in handling! You can even feel the difference as a passenger!
    I hate to admit, but she ran almost a full second quicker than my Charger at the last autocross event.
    It's really hard to go wrong with a Lexus and resale is real good if you decide you don't like it. As mentioned in several previous posts, I think the ownership experience is second to none. I wish my Dodge dealer was like the Lexus dealer!