Will an aftermarket sound system mess with uconnect functionality?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Nitewing, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Nitewing

Nitewing Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I was reading some comments around here on the HK and without and was considering putting an aftermarket system in, as I don't have the HK coming with my car. Would this mess with any of the tech or functionality of the uconnect if I changed it out. I'd rather just get an upgraded amp, sub and speaker system that would just integrate in to the car without getting a new interface.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dunno. Good question you could use the head if that was the case then proceed with all the stuff after rather....

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. ChargeCat

ChargeCat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Using a Rockford Fosgate 360.3 will allow you to use/keep the stock UConnect unit will giving you RCA outs for aftermarket amps, etc. It has EQ, time delay, crossovers, etc for each individual speaker. Worked great on my CTS-V while retaining the stock pop up head unit and all factory functions. Install and setup are not TOO difficult, but requires a lot of time and patience to get everthing perfect (at least for me it did!).

• Like Like x 1
  4. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is it worth overloading a curcuit that can potentially spike voltage down the bus and take out several modules. Isn't worth it.