Will You Let Other People Drive Your Hellcat?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Ironside, Mar 8, 2015.

?

Will you let other people drive your Hellcat?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    46.6%
  2. Hell No

62 vote(s)
    53.4%
  1. Ironside

Ironside Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm trying to figure out whether I'm going to adopt a strict "no driving" policy with my Hellcat or not.

Previous cars I would let select people try them out, nothing crazy (and always with me in the car) like my Dad, brother, best friend, etc.

I'm worried that, since the Hellcat is a pretty unique creature, an inexperienced person (to driving performance manual transmission cars) might get caught in a situation where the Hellcat gets away from them and has a close encounter with Mr.Curb.

How "out of control" does the Hellcat get if someone hits the throttle a bit too much?

I just don't want to be a douche, not letting people try it out who have tried out my previous cars (like my dad, who had a 1970 Challenger w/ a 440 six-pack, who I'm sure would LOVE to try out a Hellcat)

I'm just not sure if I should stick to my guns and be the bad guy about this.

After all this waiting, it's not like you can just go buy a new one should the worst happen.

NOTE: My wife will NOT be driving the car because she doesn't drive stick shift and refuses to learn so... at least there's THAT.

DISCUSS.

2. Hemi4me2

Hemi4me2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nope. Maybe my wife but that's it

3. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My wife. However, she might not know it's in valet mode hehe.

Ideally, she'll need to get her own.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wife, son, brother and father

5. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm actually pretty cool with my buddies driving my cars. They all know how to drive and they aren't idiots. I even let one buddy drag race one of my cars (1/4 mile at the track of course) once when his was down.

The Hellcat I'm not so sure. It's something that has been on my mind. I"m not so sure I want anyone driving it. My wife doesn't want to drive it!

6. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Only you can be a good judge of character. If you feel someone can't respect your hellcat then don't let them drive it. My fiancé is very responsible and drives with utmost care.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Ironside

Ironside Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I guess my concern is (and those with the car are probably in a good position to answer) how squirrelly does/can this car get even if you have someone behind the wheel with good intentions who is being careful?

I think I'm even going to need to take some time out and learn how to drive this baby; I'm just concerned a buddy will give it a little throttle and then BLAM-O, curb town (or worse)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You have every right to be concerned in that regard, put it in valet mode if they do or use Eco mode or both. It can spin outta control easily if they don't keep the wheel straight when throttling especially with traction control off. Knowing when to let go of the throttle when losing traction is important too to know when to throttle again in the right direction. It's a tough call especially when folks who don't have time behind the hellcat wheel try it out.

9. JeKo

JeKo Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Been wondering this same thing. Everyone is already asking me. I am only conformable with my uncle (lifetime car guy, driven drag cars, funny cars, builds hot rods) and my dad (but maybe in a big parking lot?). I guess all my friends will just have to suck it up and buy their own cars! I would like my fiance to drive it if he wants , but he doesn't drift a manual. Hellcat is not exactly the ideal learners car hahaha

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would say if they can't use common sense and are not afraid of the power, no but use common sense and respect the power and it's fine

11. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well the guy who picked up my car stateside obviously.
    The wife wants to but I am not sure she actually will. She's been wanting to drive the Lightning and still has not done that yet. Only had one for the past 12 years. Brian my good friend and mechanic who I trust and one other close friend. That is it

12. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A couple of friends and the wife

13. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nobody drive my car,, it's like letting someone wear your motorcycle helmet,,,I can't think of one person I know and trust that has ever driven anything with as much power as my hellcat,, my brother drives a charger r/t and thinks, one he will hang with my
    Me, second, if he gets me off the line, he will beat me,, so funny listening to him,,

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. BossHawg

BossHawg Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah they can drive it if get want to

15. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No issue if I know you, are over 30 and I feel you can handle the car, under 30 you can take the ride in the passenger seat..;)