SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Window problems

3K views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  Aarcuda 
#1 ·
Hey cat community, I have a problem with my drivers side window,it went go upon down. I was going to installpuddle lights so I rolled it down took the screws out and pulled the door panel free then fished out the existing erlight wires which I cut in anticipation of wiring the new light ( which turns out one of them doesn't work) anyway I went to roll the windows up and realized only the passenger side worked. I can hear clicking but nothing helps, any help would be very much appreciated? ?

#3 ·
Not sure why you cut the wires for the OEM lights. I never did. I spliced in the wires called out in the install instructions on the this forum. I would hook everything back like it was. Find the puddle lights DYI here and start again
Good luck.

#4 ·
I assume you reinstalled the door panel and you are trying to raise the window. If the door panel is not installed correctly at the top of the door you can pinch the glass and put the window in a bind.

#8 · (Edited)
Door Projector light install

Make sure you have all the connector plugs fully seated and you did not drop anything in the door that could get caught in the mechanism. I am out of ideas at this point.

#9 ·
Yes, my questions aren't about the lights, its about my window...... The only wires touched were the existing puddles, the door panel was only removed at the bottom by removing the 3 screws so I could get a look up in the and access those 2 wires

#17 ·
It's the switch in the door panel that controls everything. Yeah we know, you didn't take it apart and we know we aren't much help either!

#19 ·
Impossible to know from Akron, Ohio. Whatever you did disturbed something in the door. Something has changed. Either something is bound mechanically or an electrical connection is not properly made up. If I were you I would take the door panel all the way off and ensure all the wires are properly connected and nothing has been pulled apart. Once the door panel is off and with the switches and door harness plugged in try to cycle the window up and down.

#22 ·
So what happen, I am curious if you figured it out and got it fixed.

#23 ·
No, I just took door panel off, everything is intact, I tried a different fuse. I wiggled all the wires, disconnected and re connected gang switch, still nothing. I can hear a click when I push window button down but nothing up. In completely baffeled

#24 · (Edited)
#28 ·
Go make friends with your dealers mechanic. Maybe he will stop by your house and hook up his computer to help you figure out what is going on.

This post has been deleted
#30 ·
Back away from the ledge. I hardly think installing a puddle light to display a hellcat image qualifies as screwing with stuff. Just because a car is new and under warranty doesn't prevent somebody with "screwing" with it. If that was the case there would be no after market industry for these things for years. Pay attention to what goes on around this forum.

Shifter installs
Hood wraps
Pulleys
Tunes
Exhaust
Brake pads
Embroidered seats
Custom lighting
Graphics

And I could go on. Most of us are screwing with our cars. Why do care one bit?

This post has been deleted
#31 ·
Because if you DONT know what you are doing (evidently), then a very expensive mistake may be forthcoming! I am all for doing some mods especially after the warranty period. However, I don't like wasting money on foolish mistakes that may cost me much more than expected! Wisdom SOMETIMES comes with age......but.....sometimes age comes alone.........(35 years turning wrenches provides a little bit of wisdom)
A perspective on your post, it offers no value to this forum. The guy comes here looking for help with a problem. He is obviously a big boy and can make his own choices. Your rant did nothing to help him with his issue what so ever. Did you instantly know everything in the 1st year of your 35 years of experience? I doubt it. Offer something of value or keep your opinion to yourself. We don't need it on this forum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.