Window Shopping

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Viper Chick, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Viper Chick

Viper Chick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Hi!! Viper chick looking for a possible replacement for my 4c daily driver. Hubby and I were looking around and thought the Challenger Hellcat was a good choice. We used to drive separate when we had the C6 since the power difference was not too great.

Now that we've had our G5 Viper, my daily stays at home on the weekends and we can't wingman drive (much like motorcycle riders) anymore. Being passenger is crappy. Hubby said a Hellcat Challenger would be better suited as my daily/wing-girl car so I am just trying to get connected to see what's up :) thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome! Yay, another girl! We are sorely outnumbered here, LOL! There is a wealth of HellCat information here on the site, and if you have any specific questions, ask away! Lots of friendly people here (and a few cranky ones, LOL)! :)

April

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome! Hellcat is a fabulous ride. Having owned Vipers (and my dirty little secret... a Shelby and 4 Vettes in the past :oops:) I can say I believe you will be impressed with the power, comfort, and road presence of the Hellcat. The V8 puts power down differently than the 10 and it sounds quite different. I am also "Hayabusa" on the VCA forum if you frequent that venue.

How do you like the G5? I have had G4 and G3 but no experience with the latest. The new ACR with Extreme Aero is calling to me :cool:

Ask any follow up questions you might have. Happy to offer some thoughts for your consideration.

What's a reply without pics???

Gone but not forgotten...

Dodge HP res 1.JPG ACR prof.JPG

My new baby, and I love she :D

IMG_0582.JPG IMG_0579-1.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  4. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome Viper Chick and april77 seems to be referring to me as cranky:D

5. Viper Chick

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Thx for the welcome April !! Yeah noticed not too many gear head-ettes anywhere! But the ones I know of .. We're very supportive of each other!!

6. Viper Chick

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    image.jpg image.jpg
    Hayabusa thx for the welcome! Nice combo on the Brass wheels :) you got rid of your G3, G4 Vipers? Are you nuts? Lol ... The G5 is a very drivable car... And it's sooo fun when you mash the pedal! Lol! You're so bad for having a Vette and a Mustang! At least it appears you got some help since they were "in the past" - just kidding :)

I actually posted a write up on Edmunds on the 2014 SRT Viper - too wordy to replicate here on how I like the G5. We are waiting for more availability on Hellcat Challengers from the one particular dealer who doesn't have insane $30k markups and have to get rid of one of the other cars we own. Hubby is on VOA forum and I'm on VOA FB group. I think we are members of VCA as well though.

The "Princess" car photos ... Complete w side mirror labels.

image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  7. Viper Chick

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Thx B5 Blue ! Lol!

8. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Beautiful G5, love the yellow! The new Vipers seem much more "upgraded" in materials and comfort. Haven't driven one yet. I sorely miss the ACR. It was a Hardcore. :(

The pic with the 3 cars was a short dream. The ACR was dropped off from Bernie Katz at BJ Motors and the red vert and SRT Challenger were picked up a week later as trades. I gave up the ACR and went German for a short time...uuugghhhh!!!

Now I'm back to my roots and loving every minute of it. Got the German thing out of my system. I love American Muscle :p!

You and Hubby need to seriously consider the Hellcat. I think you'll be quite happy.

9. Viper Chick

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    lol the G5 has a better fit and finish (that's what hubby said), and the seats are the same ones that are in the new Lambos and Ferraris. Ohh and the AC works much better than the G2 AC :) ya - my daily is German. We're just waiting for the right opportunity for a Hellcat

10. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Hmm ... I never mentioned you, B5, nor did I mention anyone by name. And I was implying, not referring. *snickering and running away* LOLOLOL!

April

PS - Seriously, you do not come to mind at all when I imply that some of our fellow forum members are cranky. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome! My Challenger Hellcat is my daily driver and I wouldn't trade it for anything else out there. Its a blast everyday and I love showing my car to people and telling them about it. They are amazing cars that fast and have many luxuries. It sounds like you would like the Hellcat. Good luck! I hope the others have helped you with your decision. We are all more than happy to brag about our cars and what we love about them.:D

12. Viper Chick

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Thanks Tammie! have you driven it in the rain? I guess when it's raining just use the black key?

13. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lol! I live in the rain state. I threw the red key in a drawer to never be found. The power is very easy to control, just have to be smart about it. If you punch it, you are going to go! I have all season tires and it tracks very well in the rain. I have screwed around a bit to feel my comfort zone and traction but have not had one bit of trouble. The black key is only for people who drives crazy all the time and can't respect the hp. Doesn't change anything in the daily driving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. april77

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ^^^^^^^ What Tammie said! I drive in the rain (I paid extra to get a HellCat that would not melt if it got wet), and I have not used the black key since I finished break in. The HellCat is shockingly well behaved for driving around town. That said, all of that horsepower is just lurking there, waiting for you to utilize it whenever the mood strikes. I adore the sound of the supercharger, and my favorite way to describe it is that Dante is whinier than a sleepy 2 year old, LOL! It is uber fun!!

April

15. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You used the black key? You violated rule #1 and #2. See I am cranky:D