SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Window Shopping

9K views 78 replies 15 participants last post by  Viper Chick 
#1 ·
Hi!! Viper chick looking for a possible replacement for my 4c daily driver. Hubby and I were looking around and thought the Challenger Hellcat was a good choice. We used to drive separate when we had the C6 since the power difference was not too great.

Now that we've had our G5 Viper, my daily stays at home on the weekends and we can't wingman drive (much like motorcycle riders) anymore. Being passenger is crappy. Hubby said a Hellcat Challenger would be better suited as my daily/wing-girl car so I am just trying to get connected to see what's up :) thanks!

#3 ·
Welcome! Hellcat is a fabulous ride. Having owned Vipers (and my dirty little secret... a Shelby and 4 Vettes in the past :oops:) I can say I believe you will be impressed with the power, comfort, and road presence of the Hellcat. The V8 puts power down differently than the 10 and it sounds quite different. I am also "Hayabusa" on the VCA forum if you frequent that venue.

How do you like the G5? I have had G4 and G3 but no experience with the latest. The new ACR with Extreme Aero is calling to me :cool:

Ask any follow up questions you might have. Happy to offer some thoughts for your consideration.

What's a reply without pics???

Gone but not forgotten...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Hood

My new baby, and I love she :D

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Personal luxury car

#6 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar
Welcome! Hellcat is a fabulous ride. Having owned Vipers (and my dirty little secret... a Shelby and 4 Vettes in the past :oops:) I can say I believe you will be impressed with the power, comfort, and road presence of the Hellcat. The V8 puts power down differently than the 10 and it sounds quite different. I am also "Hayabusa" on the VCA forum if you frequent that venue.

How do you like the G5? I have had G4 and G3 but no experience with the latest. The new ACR with Extreme Aero is calling to me :cool:

Ask any follow up questions you might have. Happy to offer some thoughts for your consideration.

What's a reply without pics???

Gone but not forgotten...

View attachment 19901 View attachment 19902

My new baby, and I love she :D

View attachment 19904 View attachment 19903
Hayabusa thx for the welcome! Nice combo on the Brass wheels :) you got rid of your G3, G4 Vipers? Are you nuts? Lol ... The G5 is a very drivable car... And it's sooo fun when you mash the pedal! Lol! You're so bad for having a Vette and a Mustang! At least it appears you got some help since they were "in the past" - just kidding :)

I actually posted a write up on Edmunds on the 2014 SRT Viper - too wordy to replicate here on how I like the G5. We are waiting for more availability on Hellcat Challengers from the one particular dealer who doesn't have insane $30k markups and have to get rid of one of the other cars we own. Hubby is on VOA forum and I'm on VOA FB group. I think we are members of VCA as well though.

The "Princess" car photos ... Complete w side mirror labels.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Motor vehicle

#8 ·
Beautiful G5, love the yellow! The new Vipers seem much more "upgraded" in materials and comfort. Haven't driven one yet. I sorely miss the ACR. It was a Hardcore. :(

The pic with the 3 cars was a short dream. The ACR was dropped off from Bernie Katz at BJ Motors and the red vert and SRT Challenger were picked up a week later as trades. I gave up the ACR and went German for a short time...uuugghhhh!!!

Now I'm back to my roots and loving every minute of it. Got the German thing out of my system. I love American Muscle :p!

You and Hubby need to seriously consider the Hellcat. I think you'll be quite happy.

#9 ·
lol the G5 has a better fit and finish (that's what hubby said), and the seats are the same ones that are in the new Lambos and Ferraris. Ohh and the AC works much better than the G2 AC :) ya - my daily is German. We're just waiting for the right opportunity for a Hellcat

#11 ·
Hi!! Viper chick looking for a possible replacement for my 4c daily driver. Hubby and I were looking around and thought the Challenger Hellcat was a good choice. We used to drive separate when we had the C6 since the power difference was not too great.

Now that we've had our G5 Viper, my daily stays at home on the weekends and we can't wingman drive (much like motorcycle riders) anymore. Being passenger is crappy. Hubby said a Hellcat Challenger would be better suited as my daily/wing-girl car so I am just trying to get connected to see what's up :) thanks!
Welcome! My Challenger Hellcat is my daily driver and I wouldn't trade it for anything else out there. Its a blast everyday and I love showing my car to people and telling them about it. They are amazing cars that fast and have many luxuries. It sounds like you would like the Hellcat. Good luck! I hope the others have helped you with your decision. We are all more than happy to brag about our cars and what we love about them.:D

#14 ·
^^^^^^^ What Tammie said! I drive in the rain (I paid extra to get a HellCat that would not melt if it got wet), and I have not used the black key since I finished break in. The HellCat is shockingly well behaved for driving around town. That said, all of that horsepower is just lurking there, waiting for you to utilize it whenever the mood strikes. I adore the sound of the supercharger, and my favorite way to describe it is that Dante is whinier than a sleepy 2 year old, LOL! It is uber fun!!

April

#15 ·
You used the black key? You violated rule #1 and #2. See I am cranky:D

#27 ·
Window Shopping? Isn't there a song that goes...

How much is that kitty in the window? The one with the dual exhaust?
How much is that kitty in the window? I must get it regardless of cost!

#29 ·
not sure about that song... I just know that I like to window shop :) you also pulled a fast one on me... saw your yellow Challenger in your avatar photo and i'm like... wtf? yellow hellcat?? I want that one! lol

Viper Chick and april77 rule #1 is red key only. Rule #2 is red key only
lol hubby gets the black key - red key stays with me - when the time is right to get that hellcat :)

#32 ·
Hey, we all gotta do what works for us! I had been looking forward to the red key for so long that looking at the black key helped remind me that it was still break in time so I would not romp it, too hard, anyway. :) I tried to give Marty to black key after break in, but he would not go for that .. .so I gave him the other red key. Good thing he has that shiny, brand new truck ... he hardly glances at Dante now, so I do not have to worry about him wanting to drive! I don't like to share, even though he bought the car for me! LOL! Poor Marty!

April

#35 ·

Welcome welcome welcome!

#39 ·
Welcome to the org!

I think you'll enjoy the HC...bigger, more comfortable than the Gen 5. Has some great power...

Problem is ordering one and waiting... Unless you don't mind paying an ADM.

#40 ·
Welcome to the party! Vipers are bad ass, I almost picked up a G5 but I'm holding out for G6 (I know, a long time off).... so in the mean time, a Hellcat to have fun with and then when G6 comes out, they can fight out which one gets driven more. lol
Lol that's a long way off! I dunno ... I have to drive both to compare. When you're in the Viper it feels like you're piloting a fighter jet. Haven't driven a Hellcat a thing yet :( we are doing some planning and I have to get rid of my daily driver Mercedes.

Welcome to the org!

I think you'll enjoy the HC...bigger, more comfortable than the Gen 5. Has some great power...

Problem is ordering one and waiting... Unless you don't mind paying an ADM.
Thanks for the welcome :)

I was glancing at all the ordering problem comments ... Is this going to go on for a while?

Hoping having a Hellcat won't be as bad on the fuel as my i-4 Daily... It only gets 16 mpg.

#41 ·
You'll need to find a reputable dealer and get on a list. I can give you my dealer...honest, up front and sells at MSRP.

I'm averaging nearly 16 mpgs in the first 600 miles. I'm in boost all the time...and almost always 20 to 60 mph over the speed limit...ha!

#42 ·
You'll need to find a reputable dealer and get on a list. I can give you my dealer...honest, up front and sells at MSRP.

I'm averaging nearly 16 mpgs in the first 600 miles. I'm in boost all the time...and almost always 20 to 60 mph over the speed limit...ha!
we have to get our ducks in a row first... but i think my fuel economy will be the same as the Mercedes... just more fun getting there :)

#43 ·
:D I have no idea what B5 was talking about with Rules 1 and 2, and I am still trying to figure out what purnrg wants me to tell you. Perhaps I am just having a blonde moment, it does happen to me occasionally! LOL!

April
Hey my wife is blonde, she hates my Challengers but she does like fast cars, 2014 E63 4matic, 571 German Ponies
It's going to be a good race

#49 ·
Update... My daily driver was killed :( douchebag (is that politically incorrect to describe this individual) slammed into my SLK trying his hardest to cut me off... It caused loss of control of the vehicle and sent me into the concrete center divide. I had to climb out of the car, broke my wrist in the process. The idiot did not stop. He ran like a chicken chit. He was driving a Ford Fusion. I totally hate Fords now... All the Fusion drivers here in Silicon Valley drive like psychotic nut jobs.

Definitely need larger menacing huge engined car. American muscle should help me avoid dip chips like the one that cut me off.

Roof buckled, front suspension destroyed, rear suspension damaged, wheels need replacing, body damage. My repair guy did his estimate (coincides w USAA estimate) $30,000 (totaled vehicle)

Pink Text Font Magenta Textile

Vehicle door Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Motor vehicle
Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Auto part
Vehicle door Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Convertible

#50 ·
Oh No! Sorry to hear this...especially your wrist!!!

Hope you recover quickly. Probably good that the car was totaled vs massive repairs and related Carfax issues.

Take care and let us know what mix of colors/options you want on your cat. I'm sure a bunch of us will help you hunt. Oh, and I hope the scummer gets busted!

#54 ·
Was the first car hubby bought me -- but he mentioned getting a Hellcat way before the wreck only because it's a better daily driver for me than a 2nd Viper :)

Damn, sorry to hear about your accident, broken wrist and the car!

Better to have it totalled out for sire.

If you are ready to buy now, there are a few preowned sublime cars that were listed on this site.
Thanks! We were looking for a new one but I will keep the pre-owned ones in mind!! Curious why they are up for sale though.

Is it possible to order a Hellcat Challenger for factory delivery where we can pick it up at the plant? Or are they made in Canada?

#53 ·
Damn, sorry to hear about your accident, broken wrist and the car!

Better to have it totalled out for sire.

If you are ready to buy now, there are a few preowned sublime cars that were listed on this site.

Reactions: Viper Chick
#55 ·
Sorry about the accident and hope you heal quickly. Cars are made in Canada, all VIN's start with 2 for Canada

Reactions: Viper Chick
#66 ·
Thx!! ... Not self absorbed ... This guy was a "Fast & Furious precision driver" wannabe... Only he had a Ford Fusion and was more like a "Fast and Riceboy-wannabe psycho driver"

Planning on getting a Hellcat 2d for sure... No more little "pick on me because I have a dinky Mercedes roadster" car for me... Need a "menacingly totally gargantuan carbon footprint of a huge displacement engined American Hell-beast" that will make grown men pee in their pants car to keep the lunatics away. :)

#65 ·
Welcome to the forum! Just because no one in 4 pages of posts has shot the unicorn; I'll do it!...

I love my H/C, but compare fit & finish or paint to a Viper or Mercedes & you are going to to be pizzed... The wait is retarded... Sign up with a D.B. dealer & you'll sell your Viper after you spit on it out of spite... With the longer wheel base of the H/C, you'll drive this car with your azz as much as the steering wheel... We are all still trying to figure out how many Gremlin parts laying around went into the building of the H/C... It's a great car... Really... But remember, it's mass produced, not limited or hand built..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.