Windshield rock chip... also, detailed factory paint issue pictures

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Nitemare, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Was doing about 79 MPH to work today and a damn dumptruck two lanes to the right must have flung a decent sized rock. I've heard stuff hit the glass before, but this definitely had more impact... and I found the damage. It seems like a very minor scrape/grazing/chip. Can barely feel it with a fingernail or key. Should I have it repaired somehow or will it be okay?

Onto the paint... I've been waiting nearly 3 months for the factory rep to come to my dealer to deal with a fairly good sized pimple on the hood of the car (dirt in the paint). Also had some minor scratches to the clearcoat on the rear near the spoiler upon delivery. I installed some nice LED overhead lights in the garage this past weekend, and found more glaring paint issues in the few seconds I looked over the vehicle. This is in addition to the paint damage that miraculously appeared last time I left the car at the dealer for a few things, and that has yet to be fixed yet either... and then there's the paint damage on the bottom corner of the front fascia from a tire shred on the highway (no pictures of that here) - this car has seen the most damage of any car I've ever owned and it's driving me insane!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, that pimple looks like some type of disease.. Let's hope that they can cure it

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'd get on the phone with SRT, and let them know how frustrating this situation is becoming, especially given the length of time you have been waiting for some sort of resolution.

April

4. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with April, and that pimple does look bad. As for the windshield I don't think the repair shop can do anything about the scrape but it won't hurt to ask, maybe they can polish it to make it less noticeable. Good luck.

5. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Those are actually several pimples... each pic is a different one. I only looked on the left side of the car too for about 5 minutes to find these alone.

USAA seems to cover glass repair. Won't hurt to see if there's anything they can do. Can't say for sure if it's a chip or scrape since I'm not expert - better safe than sorry.