Windshield vs Rock

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Maintenance' started by Jungle Jim, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Has anyone here had this problem? Found this when cleaning the Kat. Don't know where or when it happened, but will get fixed. Dealer sent me to a glass repair company. Actually they will come to the house and repair. They said IF I don't like it the cost is applied to a new windshield. Will see how they do on Monday.

Attached Files:

2. ChallCat

ChallCat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is that the front glass? If so, and you wind up getting a whole new front windshield, make sure they get you a replacement with the Chally silhouette in the lower driver's corner (if this is important to you).

I had to get a new windshield for my Wrangler (also has a Jeep silhouette in lower driver's corner) and they showed up with just a plain windshield replacement. I went round and round with them until they finally ordered the right replacement and then that took several weeks....

3. Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, it is the front glass. Yes, IF I don't like the fix then I will insist on replacement OEM windshield.

• Like Like x 1
  4. USMCVET0311

USMCVET0311 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's going to be quite noticeable with a hit that size. I would recommend replacement if you're concerned with aesthetics.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ive taken big hits like that with my work van....it shows badly when fixed......if your car is a daily driver/whatever car to you the repair will be barely accceptable....if its a show car you wont be happy with the result....small hits-good.....big hits---look almost as bad when filled

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. HellScoot

HellScoot Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Had this happen to many of my other cars. Most recently on a BMW. It was not a big chip but in my line of sight so drove me nuts. Replace the glass with a OEM only and by someone who really knows how to do this! Experience is key! I just did another post about ClearPlex to see if anyone has used it. It is like a clear bra but specifically for the windshield. If a rock hits it, protects the glass and is replaceable according to the website.