Winter driving!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Hellyeah1, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Hellyeah1

Hellyeah1 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So I decided to take my cat out for a little drive today in the South Dakota winter to pick up my flatstoppers. I was actually surprised at how well it did. I do have all season tires so not sure how much that helps but I think it has to do with the cars weight. It spun a little at green lights but not much. I just drove slow and enjoyed every minute of it. I f**king love that car and it kills me to see it sitting in the garage all winter. I know the salt on the roads are not good for it but I am definitely taking it out every couple weeks. BTW its 19 degrees out and blowing snow lol. Typical SD weather. Daily driver is a jeep commander 5.7 Hemi obviously its a better choice in the winter.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I haven't gotten to taste it yet, but I will be driving this entire winter in my car. I too had a Jeep Commander for several years.. still in the family, just not mine anymore - that thing is an absolute TANK in all weather. I would take it through mud and snow filled fields all the time without a problem. I did bottom out one year though in snow before I lifted it LOL.

Do you have the Pirelli Nero Zero tires on your vehicle still, or have you switched to another all season? So far these tires are making me doubtful... in the cold and wet, they don't stick to anything worth a crap. Hopefully the snow won't be too harsh when driving in a tame fashion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    P Zero's are a summer tire and should NOT be driven on when road temps dip below 35 degrees.

4. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    P Zero Nero my friend. ;)

5. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The all seasons arent that bad. Had them on the m6. My A8 however has the summer tires and im up here in North Dakota and i couldn't even pull into my garage Christmas evening. Summer tires make everything feel like ice haha. Next winter ill do some all seasons. We are lucky this winter has been so good to us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. digdug33071

digdug33071 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Had a cold front blow through South Florida - it's only 70 at the moment. P Zero's work all year down here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hellyeah1

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have the pzero nero all season tires which are rated for -20 degrees so its safe to drive them in the SD weather but not the best traction. But its the same with any rear wheel drive car IMO. Just drive careful and you will be fine. I also have an 08 charger and drove that in this weather for 7 years and still drive it sometimes.

8. Hellyeah1

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    SD was good until a few weeks ago when we got hit by 2 snowstorms. Now lots of snow on top of a sheet of ice :-/

9. Hellyeah1

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Ps my commander is lifted for sure

10. Hellyeah1

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Well just rub it in why dont you!! We just returned from a vacation in FL and I did not see 1 single Hellcat. I thought for sure I would finally see another one. We did Universal then drove down to Boca Raton for a few days then up to Venus where my sister lives all in a flippin minivan ha

11. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Where at in SD are ya? Im up in Fargo, ND

12. CanuckH3llKat

CanuckH3llKat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I tried driving my Hellcat with the all season Pzero Neros and with snow on the ground the car was all over the place, it was like driving on hockey pucks!!! You can't drive this car with out winter tires or all weather tires, all seasons don't cut it up here with our winter!!! Plus there is the salt, the rocks they put down on the snow being kicked up all over the place, its absolute havoc on a car in the winter!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hellyeah1

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I am in Brookings SD. Originally from Grand Forks and went up there over Thanksgiving and ate at Paradiso 3 times ha. I love Fargo though its a nice town. My sister went to Concordia so I spent quite a bit of time there.

14. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You'll have to come up this summer and hit up the drag strip. Im the only cat out there. Good food, good people, good racing.

• Like Like x 1