Wire routing - Engine Bay to car Interior?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Electronics' started by Max57, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Max57

Max57 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I've tried searching for a posting that addresses the best way to pass a wire from the engine compartment into the car's interior, but haven't found anything.

If there is an access point, can someone post a description and photo of where this is?

I've also noticed that the underside of the dashboard is also enclosed. Once a wire is passed through, how is that enclosure panel removed to get to the new wire?

I'm going to install an engine bay lighting kit and I wanted to have the ground wire on a switch inside the passenger area.

2. Max57

Max57 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Well, it seems with 112 views of my question, no one has any suggestions regarding passing wires from the engine bay into the passenger compartment. I'll state my question one more time hoping that maybe someone new might have a suggestion.

=========================================================================

I'm trying (and failing) to pass three lousy wires from then engine bay onto the passenger compartment.

It seems the most accessible place,, (cough) is through the rubber grommet surrounding a wire harness next to the master cylinder that can bee seen after you remove the plastic inspection cover on the drivers side near the windshield wiper. I was able to pull the grommet out but can only get one hand in there which is making putting an additional hole through the grommet or even making a cut in it impossible to place the three wires. At this point, I just gave up and pressed the grommet back in place. Unless some of you have different locations, ideas or procedures as to how I can route my wires, I'll have to bite the bullet and have the Dodge service department do it for me. God knows what they'll charge,,,.

Thanks in advance for any help.

3. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. DShatzer

DShatzer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why not a wireless system that can be located all under hood.....using a cheap car alarm, or wireless doorbell?

5. Max57

Max57 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Thanks for the detailed instructions. If all else fails, I just might try removing the glove compartment, although I wasn't looking to dismantle so much just to route wires.

I'd love for such a simple solution. But I can't see how that would help with my plans. Thanks for the suggestion.

6. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat