Working with local dealer on hellcat - asking over msrp

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by sgoyal, Sep 9, 2015.

1. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just spoke to dealer and they can assign 2016 ordered car to me. It's fully loaded more than my taste LOL

Pitch Black, Satin hood, Sunroof, BM, Summer Tires (almost every options I can think of). I almost said YES but he said 2K over msrp.. I was like.. (it has Sunroof and Satin hood that I wasn't looking for - on top of that 2K extra).. so he's talking to his mgr and trying to find if he can do it or not..

otherwise, I'll post the dealer name if it doesn't work for me and someone wants to pay 2K over msrp for 2016.

2. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    $2k over isn't really bad at all to be honest.

While I wouldn't pay over sticker, if I were desperate for the car, $2k wouldn't stop me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not that desperate yet. HAHA but who knows

4. MaxxMuscle

MaxxMuscle Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree...........2k over is not bad.I did $2500 over and would do it again in a heart beat to get the exact car I wanted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agree.. But this car is pitch black (my second favorite color) with Sunroof and Satin hood options - which wasn't my preference ... that's where paying 2K extra holding me back since it's already added 3K in options .

6. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anything under $2,500 is not bad IMO. For that $2k you are purchasing peace of mind and avoiding countless phone calls and aggravation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    For $2K over if you can live with the spec it is worth every cent for not doing the FCA dance and ending the nighmare. Buy and enjoy :)

8. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i think your nuts to pay $2k over on a ordered car....absolutely nuts.....i think you can find one in stock right now for msrp if its a M6

dont pay $1 over msrp on a 2016 order

good luck!

9. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with USMC341 you might want to consider this car . I don't think you would be going wrong. You been on this forum just read what's really going on I feel bad for these people having to deal with so much unknowns . A honest dealer a fair deal sounds like a good deal. You will love the car even if it has some things you didnt want. I have a pitch black Challenger M6 no sunroof but I wouldn't of turned it down if it had it. You might mess around and have to start all over in your hunt. I bought out of state. I am driving a great Hellcat and loving it. Guess its time for the buy or the new hunt. Get what you want or buy what you can get this is your choice good luck either way just get the Hellcat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm not paying anything over MSRP and I know that they would do it at MSRP (Also, it's A8). I'm trying to find out if they can change the color since it's in C status.

11. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    He text message that it's already in VIN states. He'd reply me in the next 10 mins if he would do it or not but I got the sense that he's do it at msrp with very small amount of deposit $1000. Biggest plus, it's only 35 miles from my house.

12. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That would be nice. I bought out of state and getting service work done 2 1/2 hours away. That's pretty close that would be nice.

13. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've asked for vin number since it's not on the poc he sent me. It says C status, so he's going to check with his manager in the morning. But they removed the $2000 ADM

I'm so scared to clean black. LOL. So he's keeping the deal pending until further info

14. chuck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got black I clean it often as I drive it. I have seen 2 other Hellcats mine was the cleanest and I drove to meet them. I only wax mine right now. I do clean it after a long drive. I clean all my rides after we drive them and they get dirty. I bought black detail wax just to touch up. Black gets dirty just like other cars . Bugs is my deal hate them but we all do, that have Hellcats. I do blow off dry with leaf blower after good wax it runs off easy.

• Useful Useful x 1