Would you pay 10k premium or wait and hope order finally gets filled at msrp in 2016?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Sb31767, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Sb31767

Sb31767 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It's starting to get crazy. After several weeks of mild hunting and now a day of full bore the cheapest i have found for close to what I want except black vs sephia interior is 10k over.
    Do folks really feel we will get ours with coupon filled in 2016?
    Whole thing is turning me off

2. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    id suck 10 pickles before i paid 10k over

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. pink68

pink68 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I talked to my dealer about my order as well as the 16s and he had a unique perspective. As the 16s roll out with a specific allocation number already given to the dealer there will be as much ADM or more this coming year. With a specific number being given to a dealer and no more allowed the dealer will be more likely to ADM. In the 15MY the allocation consisted of the initial order with subsequent cars being delivered based on sold orders. This won't be the case in 16MY as the total allocation will be known so the dealer will have the ability to maximize the profit on a known number of HCs to sell. In short, there won't be anymore to make money off of other than the allocation number.

I'm still thinking this over but I do understand where he is coming from with this thought process.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I would either take my chances with a MY'16, or wait and pick up a used HellCat ... more and more are showing up all of the time. I wish you the best, Hun. Keep an eye open here on the forum ... people are posting leads everyday, so perhaps you can sang one of them.

April

5. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Fixed it for you. :)

April

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    at this point when i am seeing M6 cars selling for MSRP on this forum again i would pay any ADM...

just wait it out...winter is a couple of months away and the new car buying season will be over in 4 months...you will find your new car sitting on a showroom floor in jan/feb just like i did for msrp

does your coupon work for cars that are built already? or only for orders?

friend just got a 392 Shaker ordered and delivered in 2 months.....shocked me......so i think challengers in general are finally cooling down a bit..or they upped the manufacturing

7. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's Hilarious!!

8. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Depends.....
    If I liked the car that I found and could afford the mark up.
    you are most likely going to lose money on the car so up to you to decide how much you want to lose.

The MY16 will be an entire year newer and there should not be an ADM if there is, you need another dealer.

9. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Searching for the fluke production build. 2015 B5; Chally; A8; Monkies; Nav. Thanks Everyone! o_O Eyes are open.

10. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Your decision. I would not pay ADM just out of principle. In the end, it is just a car.

• Like Like x 2
  11. DShatzer

DShatzer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    they still have to sell their cats quickly or lose their 2nd allocation. If, as a group, we don't pay ADMs they will have trouble selling them. I'm guessing a large number of these were sold at MSRP.....mine is below.

12. Smog Dog

Smog Dog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    There are 2 allocations. The first is next week. The second is in February and will be effected by time on the lot for the first cars ordered.

13. FINALLYSATISFIED

FINALLYSATISFIED Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You'll have some puckered ass lips

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Its all in your own perspective and what you are willing to accept. I originally refused to pay any kind of ADM, then once I talked to my local dealers and listened to the stream of reasons for markups and highest bid gets higher in line BS I decided I could live with a 5k ADM if it meant I could get in line to order; after months of waiting and not seeing a lot of allocations here or my order move closer to getting filled I started looking for a Hellcat on a lot just for kicks and giggles, it was getting closer to summer time and I was getting impatient, after looking around I saw huge ADMs of 20k, 30k, hell even 50k and thought it was just back to waiting in line, then I ran across the exact Hellcat I wanted on a lot 1000 miles away and it had a 10k ADM......I thought about it for a few hours, and realized I wanted the car more than I truly cared about the "principle" of paying an ADM or saving money. I got my car in May, I have gotten to drive it all summer, and when I look back I have zero regrets, the 10k ADM was worth every penny, worth it to not wait in VON hell, not wait for MY2016, not wait for more dealer BS.

Like I said, it is all in what you are willing to accept, I am not saying that those who refuse to pay ADM are wrong or anything else, I am just saying that to ME, the 10k was worth not waiting any longer. I know some lucky few got their cars before me and did not may an ADM, and I am glad for them, but that was not my case, and for all those still waiting for a Hellcat my heart goes out to you, truly. When it is all said and done you have to decide what is important to you and what you will accept. There is a good chance had I not paid the 10k ADM and bought the car I did, I would be one of those waiting for a MY2016 voucher (I had 6 people ahead of me at a dealer who only got 4 'Cats this year), and I wouldn't have gotten to have all the fun I have had this summer with my Hellcat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. INRIP

INRIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Remember the fools who paid adm for srt-10 rams upon the initial release, and the fools who paid adm on the gt500's?

Look at them now, srt rams for low 20's. This car will be 50k used in a couple years, much like the 2013 gt500's are currently. Especially with production doubling.

If you have the money to throw away, feel free