Wow some dealership with a markup of $20k LOL

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Carnage, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Got this from a mopar FB page some fan took a pic in person

image.jpg

2. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They'll be sitting on that car for awhile!

I thought Dodge was putting policies in place to discourage dealer gouging?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's insane...dodge should take away there next allocations

4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    agreed guys

5. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    for another $1000 they can get a Dodge Viper

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I already upset a portion of the forum with my opinion. No comment...:(

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How did you....Nevermind LOL

8. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    :D:D I know, huh?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Unfortunately, with the cars still in such short supply, and all the media hype, there are folks with lots of disposable income, and some of them are not averse to paying a premium to jump to the head of the line as it were. I know, with my 'cheapskate' personality, even if I was rich, and anxious, and willing to pay a high premium to get one right away, it would surely haunt me, as I'd be periodically seeing them sell, later, for sticker, and would always feel like a rube for allowing myself to get scalped, and it would forever be in the back of my mind that I overpaid. So, I will continue to try to get one, at sticker, and with any luck, will succeed, and feel much better about the purchase as I enjoy my Hellcat for many years to come. I mean, even at sticker price, it's common for 'hot' cars to still depreciate. I doubt Hellcats will depreciate to the extent most common new cars do, but, they will probably come down a bit in value as they get used and abused, although probably will never become 'cheap' like most cars do in time. Easier to accept, if you started with an MSRP investment, but even a more brutal 'hit' if you paid way above sticker and then in several years they are available used for way below sticker.

10. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey Tammie. Although I don't post a whole bunch, I do READ a whole bunch, and based on the posts & replies I've seen I really don't think anybody was actually upset with you. Frankly, you are one of the folks that keeps a lot of us coming back to the site, so often!!!

11. Cartyme

Cartyme Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Click here: Buy a Loaded Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat for Just $57,755 in Ohio - Torque News

12. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks. I try to be fair and I really want everyone who loves this car as much as I do to have a chance to get one. It has been very frustrating to see what the hype has caused and was almost one of those that thought I was going to lose my chance to get this beast because of the ones who can afford to pay over sticker. :confused:

13. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Torque News has been one of the collaborators on the Bait & Switch scams, it's disgusting. I have checked on numerous of these so-called 'sales', not a one was anything except a dishonest dealer and their crony sites assisting in perpetrating the scheme. I think Torque News probably gets a kick-back, from all the people they help deceive, when a rube ends up buying some other car, having been lured in by the alleged reasonable Hellcat price. Go ahead, try to 'buy' a Hellcat for below sticker, I can pretty much guarantee you'll see just what I have, nothing but unethical behavior and a lame excuse such as "it was a computer glitch, but come on down and order one for above sticker instead!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree, if only everybody could stand united, against ADM's, then nobody would be able to get above sticker so MSRP would be the norm. Unfortunately, there are plenty of folks in this country, especially the celebs and actors and musicians and athletes, who in my opinion are almost universally overpaid (compared to folks like teachers and so on, who have a much more 'crucial' role in the big scheme of things) but because of all the people that have millions of dollars, they get the advantage of being able to pay a large premium to skip to the front of the line, which DOES endanger the chances of lowly folks like me being able to get one at a fair price. That's why I think that those who get a VIN, would be wise to go in, and get the price in writing, to minimize the disturbing price-changes that can happen with a less-scrupulous dealer at delivery day, otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    good thing the link doesn't work because we had another thread about it already earlier this week and members have verified it is a bait and switch scam Ad. thanks for sharing though.