Wrap the hood or roof? And would you go with a carbon fiber/ textured wrap?

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by Hemibuck, May 19, 2015.

1. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So I'm kicking around getting the hood or roof wrapped and was over at one of my vendors and they wrap vehicles so I was asking about it. They said they have the matte black but also have some other ones that have a textured look to them. What are you guys thoughts on going with a textured look or a carbon fiber wrap. And would you wrap the hood or the roof? Also does anyone have pics or a Photoshop of a white charger with a black hood. I have seen the black roof and really like it. Thanks!

2. scoutermike

scoutermike Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I wrapped the hood on mine flat black and really like it. Sorry, no pics yet.

3. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    One of the first mods for my, yet to be delivered, White Charger HC is to have the hood wrapped in a matte black. I only want the hood wrapped, not the roof. I will be going by the shop for a quote the first week of ownership.

I haven't seen any textured wraps, so I can't answer that. But I can say that while I would like a carbon fiber hood, I don't want an aluminum hood that poses as a carbon fiber hood.

4. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'm also getting a white charger and yet to be built. I'm going to wait until it's in person before I make a call. Hell I might not even do anything. I'm just seeing some newer cars with the roof blacked out and I kind of like it. I don't think I would go carbon fiber either but I will take a look at some of the textures he has to offer. Thanks for the input!

5. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have carbon fiber vinyl stripes on my Viper and they look like a flat /matte black from a distance... Up close, you can see the detail. I have carbon fiber 360 Forged wheels, which is why I went with CF vinyl. (I've had them on for nearly 4 years)

The carbon fiber vinyl is more expensive material FYI and it's tough to line up, so make sure your installer is experienced with it.

I'd go with the hood only....