XPEL stealth/ultimate PPF maintenance...!!!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by MuscleGarageLA, Jun 26, 2016.

1. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have tried to search the forum for possible solutions but to no avail. I see several threads dedicated to the factory installed matte black hood and its maintenance.

However I want to know which products are safe for the XPEL stealth ppf applied over the matte black hood. I covered the matte black hood with XPEL stealth for protection and for maintaining the satin look, and the rest of the front end(full bumper/fenders) mirrors, door handles and rocker areas in XPEL ultimate

I have noticed that the stealth ppf gets smudged easily and you can see marks/stains after a long drive, due to its foggy or matte texture. The XPEL Ultimate applied to rest of the car has a clear almost invisible texture and is therefore relatively unnoticeable, even if there is dirt or stains.

So which cleaners do you recommend for cleaning stealth XPEL? Can they be also used for XPEL ultimate? I have shortlisted the following products after searching the website but need more info from the end users:

1) Meguiars quick detailer
    2) Adams detail spray
    3) XPEL PPF cleaner

Micro fiber cleaning towels (from the rag company) preferably Korean made which I have been given to understand are superior than the Chinese made versions.

Please forgive my ignorance to this topic, as this is the first time I have ever invested in ppf for any of my cars..lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. srtjay

srtjay Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    For the Ultimate, my installer recommends a light wash if it's really dirty, or wiping it down with Optimum no rinse or Adam's waterless wash. Not sure if the same goes for the Stealth product. I can ask, but in the meantime perhaps that helps.

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. MuscleGarageLA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can you just wipe it down with a damp cloth? The main reason I invested in this ppf stuff besides protection, was to reduce maintenance and to limit my trips to the detail shop where I go quite often, for a hand wash.

How about Adams detail spray? That's a quick wipe down as well I would suspect. Thanks for the info by the way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. srtjay

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    My installer adds a ceramic coating on top of the film (and the rest of the painted surfaces on the car) which is designed to reduce maintenance and risk of swirl marks or scratches. I'm not sure if the maintenance product and care recommendations change significantly for an install without any coating but I can ask.

My install is happening this week and my goal, like yours, is to minimize maintenance and keep the car looking fresh in addition to protecting the front end from rock chips.

• Like Like x 1
  5. srtjay

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    This may also help:

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I use Adam's detail spray if there is no visible dirt otherwise a waterless wash is fine with good microfibers. If its dirty, I just wash it like normal. No issues in the 6 months of ownership and love the product.

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. MuscleGarageLA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anyone using Meguiars quick detailer on the ppf? How about XPEL's ppf cleaner?

Adams detail spray seems most popular on other forums as well.