Xpel

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by chrisp34, Sep 23, 2015.

1. chrisp34

chrisp34 Hellcat Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello. I've been reading up on this XPEL clear bra. I'm not an educated detailing guy. This car will not be an every day driver, just a weekend toy. I live in Southern CT and the roads are fine. What do you think? It is expensive. It does have a black satin hood

2. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The frontal area of your Challenger is mostly vertical to the pavement. Large flat areas will be impacted with rock chips and the like. Already noticed a couple of hits on mine at 1200 miles. Had clear bra installed last Friday.

3. Scubabubbles

Scubabubbles Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

4. Scubabubbles

Scubabubbles Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just had the front of my new Hellcat covered with Xpel and having the front of my new Suburban covered with it this Friday. True believer that it is worth the money. Less expensive than a repaint a couple of years down the road.:)

5. MzKitty

MzKitty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Had both Expel and cquartz finest done and I don't regret it. If you have the Expel done here is a tip from my experience. Don't let them wrap the Expel under the vents. Have them cut them out. My Expel has been put on three times due to it lifting and bubbling. Before anyone says it was the installer just let me say it was not. He installed the first time and he went above and beyond to resolve my issue as far having the Corporate office reinstall the 2nd time which after a few hundred miles did the same thing. The corporate office reinstalled the third time but cut the vents out this time and I haven't had any problems.

• Like Like x 1
  6. chrisp34

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    what did you pay?

7. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have the 3M Scotchguard Pro (3M's version of paint protection film) and I'm very happy I had it installed. My car is a daily driver and it's saved me numerous chips already.

I'd give it installing the film some serious consideration in that it will help save your paint from chips etc. PM me if you want I can give you the info. on the person that installed mine. He is mobile and will come to you, they also have a shop. Works with 3M Pro, XPEL and Suntek but his preference is for the 3M.

8. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Im like you as my cat is NOT driven every day. Only driven for fun on a nice day kinda thing. I did the 1/2 hood (3M bra), the front, 1/2 fenders, headlights, mirrors and area behind all wheels / tires. Paid $700 professional installed but had to drive 100 miles as my local guy wanted $1,050 for the same job. I had the option to do the entire hood and fenders @ $1,300
    The line on the hood is kinda a pain as it now collects wax / polish but is manageable with q-tips etc but a pain. Kinda wished I had done the entire hood or possibly not at all as I always drive far behind the driver in front but even so I have a windshield chip from the ride home from the dealer ( 1st 50 miles) so you never know.
    Don't forget rock guards behind the wheels as IMO that is more important. ( I did the guards and the 3M bra film)
    as an option I used the cheep 3M spray can bra on my WRX and have mixed feelings but did protect my car for a year under $25 and IMO better than nothing short term but so is blue paint tape.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  9. chrisp34

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks. Like everything else, it seems some people like the film and some don't. Gonna talk to a body shop guy / friend of mine and see if he does this or knows anyone that does in my area. Ordered the guards bout a week ago. Car gets delivered at 2 pm today (hopefully)!

• Like Like x 1