Your experience going round a corner in a hellcat

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by hellcat99, Apr 17, 2015.

1. hellcat99

hellcat99 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm am really interested in how the hellcat goes through the twisties . I have seen most reviews . Matt Farah going down the snake and Justin Bell on track, these guy's do push the Cat to its extreme cornering capabilities with really positive reviews. Other mainstream reviews still generally regard the Cat as a straight line machine. So conflicting reviews. Okay so it's not a Nissian Nismo etc etc but are you still having fun and enjoying the twistys!!! What is the real world driving like. How accurate is the steering as you drive it into those corners?? I suppose it's easy to use a quarter mile "time"as a reference point for speed, so how would you quantify cornering abilities?

2. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No complaints. I don't have a lot of miles on it yet but it handles pretty good. A lot of the handling characteristics of this car depend on the skills in your right foot and the nerves in your ass. If you can control the throttle and feel the car underneath you you will be fine. I look forward to getting this on a track this summer and really pushing it.

3. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've only driven mine on the public streets and only 700 miles. I've pushed it pretty hard in a few places that I know well. I'm impressed with the handling and control. This is a big, comfortable muscle car that does many things very well!!! I dig my Hellcat ;)

4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    its not going to compete with Z06's ,Ferrari's, and Z28's on a curvy track if thats what your looking for

ive seen video's where they compare different cars on twisty tracks.....when they show the driver in the HC you can see a totally different body language....like they are struggling

its a straight line car w/ some ability to stop and turn.....i think they did the best they could with a 4500lb car for a $60k budget.....but i think the theme of the car is a 1/4 mile racer

buy a Z28 if you want to twist around a track.....last i heard there were -15k discounts on them....and i know they are sitting on dealer floors...saw one last week at a dealership

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm very impressed with how it corners, I've taken mine thru a few twisty roads in Montana and she did awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Very happy with this beast's ability to take a corner. Never gave cornering a first thought when I decided to get this ride. If that mattered I'd gone a different route from the beginning. However I was amazed at how well she handled twisties. So glad I made this purchase.

7. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Drifting 101 yes please

8. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'd love to see you drifting

• Like Like x 1
  9. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm about to drift off LOL.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks bro I gotta hire a hot chick to teach me drifting in my hellcat soon. It's way bigger than those JDM cars back when I was a kid :D

11. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL here's a pillow bro

12. Jim M

Jim M SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I did the SRT Track Experience when I bought my '08 Challenger. That does a pretty good job of showing you what the car can do. In the 300 SRT, in spite of giving me 2 extra laps, the instructor couldn't outrun me. They gave me one of their instructor shirts. Chances are good that you will run out of nerve before the Cat runs out of handling capability. Just keep it out of the trees and with the shiny side up. I'm still pretty hard on the shoulders of those Goodyear F1's.

13. Srt8u

Srt8u Silver Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    These cars corner and handle extremely well for their size. That said, there are a lot of things that can make them much much better on the road course, we have been road coursing SRT's for the past 9 years. Obviously getting weight out is huge, but that said, even at full weight, suspension mods, tires and of course the driver mod really changes the capabilities of an already great car. I love taking my charger to the track, and the stunned looks and comments of drivers of mustangs, vettes, Porsches etc afte they are on track with me:)

14. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You up or not?

15. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    About to sleep bruh wassup