Your salesman friend or foe?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by 70Cuda, Oct 31, 2014.

?

Rate your salesman

1. Top notch professional

19 vote(s)
    38.8%
  2. Big goofball but I got a deal

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. I am much to important for a salesman I went to the owner of the dealer

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. I plead the 5th since I don't have my car yet

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  1. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My salesman is awesome! Very detailed, got me hooked up with the upper management in order to get the process started. Doesn't seem to mind when I call with questions, concerns. BUT I am a repeat customer with him. He always loans his demo car to me when I go in for any type of service. He got me deals on parts. Gave me rides home to get the new cars home. Finds all the rebates and deals. Tells me about the reps visiting the dealer with new stuff including promo cars. Gives me posters, booklets and other related materials. Gets me test drives of anything I want including the 2013 Shelby GT500. Yes my salesman is a Ford salesman but he is so good he was able to sell me a Hellcat Challenger.

I know people kind of abuse car salesman........

How is your salesman?

2. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Top Notch SRT Expert !!
    No BS at all. My dealer had Allocation.
    He was correct throughout the entire process.

WT

• Like Like x 1
  3. Johndeere

Johndeere Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The owner and salesman are good friends and the owner is also a customer of mine in a diffrent business, so very good deal. just wish I would not have passed on my first order.

The salesman calls me atleast once a week letting me know the progress and if any other options have become available that I might want.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My salesman is a great guy, but newer. Since this is the 5th purchase from them, I am able to mostly deal with the GM who keeps me apprised of the status and has been through this process many times with the Viper and other new models that come out. He told me not to expect my car until around the middle of November, but I got excited when an earlier ship date was put in and then deleted. The communication from my dealer has been top notch, but I never give a rating until I am happily driving off in my car!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My sales guy is first for me. He updates me whenever there is a change in the status.

Ended up with him after finding out my previous super bee sales guy passed away last year and talking to 3 knuckle heads (2guys and 1 girl) who kept making up shiz about the hellcat.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BossHawg

BossHawg Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Salespeople have a mission and my mission contradicts their mission. We may smile and act friendly but they are all my foe.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Knightmare

Knightmare Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The sales....people are there to make money. I am there to first: acquire a car and second: not get financially raped. This may create opposing motivations but not without an acceptable middle ground where both sides are happy.....ish.

The problem with my salespeople is that they are no more than a technicality:

They rarely know anything I don't already know and never to any level of useful detail. I have shown them features on their own products that blew them away (e.g. the remote window roll down sequence on the Challenger FOB). I am aware that I can be an obsessive when it comes to Challengers but if my livelihood depended on selling them....then so should they.

They can never "find" the optioned vehicles I want. When my wife and I were looking for her new Grand Cherokee I had had them tell me that "there aren't any currently in the U.S." (with the options package she wanted) right up until she told them "I found two". We were ready to fly to the dealer that had what we wanted and drive it back when a quick eMail to the local Chrysler rep. had the dealership "waiving the delivery fee".

All the things they could do to add value to the sale and earn a commission....they just don't do. All they do is process paper work......and often they screw that up.

Yes I would say that worse than being my adversary.....they very simply could be replaced with a kiosk.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is very true and its SAD, that customers have to put up with that. BUT there are some special salespeople out there that can really stand out and do those things and step up the process. Sales is a skill that requires knowledge and special "people" training and most sales reps do not have either.

• Like Like x 1
  9. want2

want2 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My salesman happens to be the new car sales manager. Great guy to work with. We exchange e-mails on the events and happenings. In fact, I am on a first name basis with all the management personnel at the dealership. Great place to buy cars and get them serviced. Very polite and willing to work with all people on their car needs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have salespeople in my office and it is a little different because I am asking them to sell an intangible, but the concept is the same, you need to understand the product, listen to peoples needs and determine how you can fulfill their needs. Any successful salesperson is going to take the time to know the product they are selling. I go through salespeople quite regularly because I am not going to keep someone that cannot make the sale. If my livelihood depended on selling something, I can guarantee I would know everything there is to know about it and listen to the customer. A lot of them don't listen. I am bad though, I walk in knowing exactly what I want and whether they have it on the lot or not. If they don't, I tell them where it is and they have it for me the next day at a better price. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My sales man was grate when he worked at the ford dealership my family bought close to a dozen truck and a few SUV from him .
    Now he works at the dodge dealer he turned in to (Doug) .

• Like Like x 1
  12. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just want mine back. He has been out on medical leave for the past five weeks, so management is filling in. The problem is you can never get anyone on the phone and emails are iffy. Not a good situation, when there are order input errors to be delt with.

• Like Like x 1
  13. redkey

redkey Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    vehicle dealerships are a magnet for pathological liars and in both my experience and my opinion the overwhelming majority of them are just that. they are absolute skanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. badash

badash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine is good. There is another member here that is buy a car from him as well. He's 1500 miles away from me and I do believe that he dose his best to keep me in the loop.

15. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Never lose sight of the fact that "your salesman" is someone else's employee.

• Agree Agree x 1