ZL1 Mud Guards

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT 392' started by 16SRT, Feb 26, 2016.

1. 16SRT

16SRT VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Who's put the mud guards from ZL1 on their Charger? Do they really make a difference? Looking for someone who's actually driven the car with and without.

2. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i had a set for my challenger and the quality was so low i threw them out and bought the Mopar ones

i like their spoiler guards...they have worked for me 100%....but their splash guards are really cheap

if you buy the proper mopar brand they look like they belong on the car.......i dont know if mopar makes them for the charger...i assume they do?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. hemiplymouth

hemiplymouth Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't think Mopar makes them for the Charger yet. The Mopar ones for the Challenger are the cats meow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 16SRT

16SRT VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    That's really the shame of it. Mopar makes them for the Charger, but the front ones won't fit the SRT 392 or the Hellcat. I've been told ZL1 are the only game in town for Charger SRT 392 / Hellcat mud guards, but maybe someone will chime in otherwise.

5. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have them. Work OK but not greatest appearance. 3m tape failed on a few, needs to be redone.
    certainly better than nothing and have been successful on my daily driver

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. 16SRT

16SRT VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I'm guessing they catch the wheel well liner rivets in two locations, and tape between? Has anyone found a replacement tape that holds up?

How do the Mopar guards attach?

7. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Correct. They use 3M auto tape which is some of the best stuff around - any replacement should be the same stuff, don't know what would work better. How it holds up depends on how good you are at applying it. Warm, CLEAN surfaces, and holding hard pressure for at least 30 seconds to a minute. The tape should never break free on its own if you do it right. I put a strip on my Show n Stow to prevent from drilling 2 additional holes into the bottom of the bumper, and it took at least 100 pounds of downward pressure to get it to finally break free when I removed it.

I had them on my car before I traded it. They are slim, and expensive for what they are - but no other option. They don't look "bad," and they do work pretty well in my opinion. For a DD I would say they are a must.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. srtdusty

srtdusty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Got them on mine, and have no complaints. I would say they make a difference cause the crude on the wheel side isn't on my car. Liked them enough I put a set on my 392 challenger. On a personal note when I ordered a set for my challenger, I ordered a set for a friends and only one set came in the mail. After one phone call the other set was on the mail ASAP. Great company to deal with.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Bthibo

Bthibo Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Got em on my Charger 392 no complaints

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. 16SRT

16SRT VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Thanks, guys!

Has anyone actually tried the Mopar guards on the rear of an SRT or Hellcat? Mopar clearly states their front guards do not fit, but they actually have conflicting information on whether their rear guards will fit an SRT.