SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, sorry if this sounds lame but I tried my 0-60 timer today for the first time and got a 3.1!?!?! The previous “Best” stored was 5.0. I don’t think 3.1 is possible, what am I not understanding about my 0-60 timer?

0-60_3-1.jpg

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you spin the wheels it will read optimistically...
If the speed is read off the rears that would explain it, but I read that the speed is measured by the fronts. Do you know which it is?

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Upward on-ramp on a modern highway, not steep.

I want to know if I am not understanding how the 0-60 works. My last car was a 2004, I don't know how these new features work.

Full disclosure: I just put on 305 Firehawk Indy 500's with 10.5" replicas and was trying to see how they worked. 3.1 seems impossible. Especially since they let loose at about 40-45 and I shifted into 2nd.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,027 Posts
There was a gold rim-round red lens- curly haired goober at C&C a while back that had a PCP 5.7L M6 that proudly showed me his 1.9 second 0-60 in his cluster. I told him to line it up and he said he didn't have shit to prove so we all had a good laugh. I told him to let me know the next time Elton John was having a garage sale.

Reactions: BrakeFade

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat
135 Posts
Honestly dude before I owned a hellcat I had the srt 392 in M6, I managed a 4.2, they say it's only capable of 4.6 I believe, definitely wasn't wheelspin, just good with a clutch. You on stock tires too?? Those can make a big difference.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honestly dude before I owned a hellcat I had the srt 392 in M6, I managed a 4.2, they say it's only capable of 4.6 I believe, definitely wasn't wheelspin, just good with a clutch. You on stock tires too?? Those can make a big difference.
Full disclosure: I just put on 305 Firehawk Indy 500's with 10.5" replicas and was trying to see how they worked. 3.1 seems impossible. Especially since they let loose at about 40-45 and I shifted into 2nd.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There was a gold rim-round red lens- curly haired goober at C&C a while back that had a PCP 5.7L M6 that proudly showed me his 1.9 second 0-60 in his cluster...
Ya, I'm thinking it got confused somehow, just wondering if anyone knew what would cause it.

·
Super Moderator
Jeep GC Trackhawk
2,457 Posts
Upward on-ramp on a modern highway, not steep.

I want to know if I am not understanding how the 0-60 works. My last car was a 2004, I don't know how these new features work.

Anything is possible, but a 3.1 sec. 0-60 in a rwd M6 Hellcat on the street is improbable. Get a Dragy GPS performance box. Every review I have read say these are very accurate and they are not that expensive.
My best with my A8 Challenger Hellcat on the street, with 305 drag radials, was 3.5 sec 0-60 mph, and 3.1 sec. 0-60 with my Trackhawk.
Very difficult to beat all wheel drive on the street from a dig.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My best with my A8 Challenger Hellcat on the street, with 305 drag radials, was 3.5 sec 0-60 mph, and 3.1 sec. 0-60 with my Trackhawk.
Very difficult to beat all wheel drive on the street from a dig.
Huge difference between 3.5 and 3.1. No way I was faster than your A8 w/DR's. Just wish I knew what confused it.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat
135 Posts
Dude that's what I was running. In fact, I'm still running firehawks on my hellcat now.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts